Top Shelf Aquatics

JBJ Nanocube DX - Second Edition

ccjung

Hahaha... It figures that a software engineer has to think/talk/act like this is software...

JBJ has already released a second edition of the JBJ nanocube DX.

This features a 1 piece splashguard from front to back, which is clear (can you say FUGE light boys and girls?)

Also, the splashguard has been revised, a bulkhead removed, and a rubber gasket has been added..

This is pretty exciting to me because there are lots of prospects for the future of this new version...

Do you have these new splash guards avaliable through your web site? If so how much and will they fit without any mods on the older non clear lid?

Thanks, Fred

Its a completely revised hood, so it wont fit on the first edition.. I am conducting comparison tests today, so i will show you the numbers side by side...

In my preliminary testing, I was able to see that the temps in Second edition stayed approx 10F lower, but will confirm the numbers later today in a side by side comparison.

I love the fact that they are continually improving their products...but if they don't start supporting some of the people with the less than up to date tanks they are going to #### off alot of owners. So far it seems like every little upgrade that they make isn't retro active. I'll tell ya, being able to buy the hood that is on that DX for my regualr cube would surely save me some money instead of having to do all DIY projects and track down parts.

Wobach, I am actually planning on offering parts/components for the ViaAqua.. I will let you know when it goes down.. Who knows, there may someday be a uchiha signature edition MH mod for the ViaAqua.. :)

Everytime I think about uchihas mod, I want to go to the darkside..

But.. In relevant news.. The Second Edition DX hood has performed superflously.. The difference in its ability to stay cool is unprecedented...

In Larnies Modded 92w DX, I am recording in canopy temps in the low 120s, with the fan voltage set at 9 V. On hot days, the cooling on the 3.24 can be kicked up to 12v...

This was an excellent revision.. Its bittersweet tho, because so many of us have the first edition...

hey chris-

i have the original nanocube and was about to buy the dx as a xmas gift to myself......hahahaha. anyway, is there any way to tell a new dx from the old dx??? any way to tell without opening up the box and looking at the hood??? any markings on the box i should look for??? thanks alot and i really like your mods on nanocustoms....

from what i know, the DX has a new sticker on the bottom right, the hood is completely remodeled, it has a larger lip to prevent light spillover... and the color isn't black anymore, it's more of a very dark grey. you can tell at first glance whether or not it's an original nano-cube, or the new nano-cube DX.

nanocube DX is in a blue box. The OG/DF (original/dual fan) models are in Green and white boxes.

Pricing

Anywhere from 125 to 160. The best place in LA area is Rainbow pets, $125. Its a hike from torrance tho, but may be worth it. THey have a nice shop.. I do dealer trades with them, so they know me. Tell them that Chris from Nanocustoms sent you, they will treat you right regardless, but I like to show gratitude to those who help me (They allowed me to secure early inventories of DX and 24gs in the past)..

I'm in El Segundo Area so if you are ever looknig for a modded cube, hit me up.. The stock ones can be had for better, more competitive prices than I can offer because I prefer to work/sell the modded cubes more.

Good Luck

Chris

To be clear, the SECOND Edition is a revision of the DX to be released in 2005.

If you were referring to this, there is no way to tell except opening it or ordering it from nanocustoms or some other vendor when they come out in 2005..

The 24g will have the same revision..

• 5 weeks later...
kevin the man

so in the hood the only difference is the splash guard? will i be able to upgrade that from my current dx? another question, do you know when or if that 6gallon nano is coming out? it would be used as a fuge right?

Archived