Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The RBTA picture thread! - GBTA & PBTA's OK too.

Tigahboy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, since you all have them... Had any problems w/ them attacking other corals? Especially SPS. I love the things, but am concerned that it will kill anything else I put near it...

Travis, that light set-up should be plenty. What happened to your PC's?

Kogut, I'm probably not the best person to respond to your question since I've only had the RBTA for a week...but I'll contribute anyway. =P So far the RBTA is still not fully settled and does move around...I am constantly watching him, and if he does get near my SPS, I will probably have to move the SPS or stick a net to block his pathway.

So far, he has touched my mushrooms...like literally brushing against them for a few days...luckily I did not see any ill-effects. I was told that RBTA's have a rather mild sting... Actually, my RBTA did touch an SPS...my Turbinaria briefly while it was moving to another location...I didn't see any ill effects either...but that might've just been luck. =/

Right now I am basically clearing its path and moving my coral around to accomodate him. I was told that it would move the most in the first week-2weeks and will finally "settle" for hopefully a long time...so I'm just waiting for that before I put my corals back in their original positions.

That is my PCs, I am gonna reto them into the Aqualight, I know it's gonna cost more but hey, what can I say, i like the look of the aqua light ;). Or do you think that I would be able to keep the anenome under the 130w PCs? It would only be a about 10-12 inches away from the light, if not closer. Just a thought...

Yesss! At last you have posted here! haha. Dude, I think the color of the lighter maroon really complements the color of the RBTA very well...especially in the first pic you posted. Good stuff!

Thanks Tigahboy,

The female was the same color originally ( with the exception of the yellow stripe)

When i got the Anenome she got a deeper maroon tone, almost black.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived