Innovative Marine Aquariums

nanocubedx lamp replacement

dougman

Thnx.. Ive been really patient with JBJ. (They arent prepared for their own success). Ive ordered parts to go pick up and they are gone, but Its cool.. I just signed up with fulham to offer thier products in my kits and ballasts outright.. We'll see how things go in the future....

The Via Aqua line is coming my way too.. Seeing your via aqua with that MH is too good to pass up.. I already do business with them, so its just a matter of time..

Thanks for teh kind words.. I feel bad about the kits, but the bulbs are a start...

i'm just glad people have easier access to JBJ products and other "lighting upgrades" now that you're going to have them available. as long as prices are reasonable, there's no telling how successful your site will be in the future :)

i look forward to ordering from you soon... :)

Originally posted by Josh125

No, I talked with them last week.  They don't make a true 03 actinic lamp in 24 watt....only the blue 7100K.

okey:( im living in sweden and just looking to pick up some good lightning for my 24g jbj clone

http://www.imazo.se/news/artinfo.asp?Artin...=%20%20103.7050

i prob buy 2 x 8w T5, a guy here in sweden have mounted it in his

http://www.adelgren.se/akvarium/salt/salt061.jpg

looks good :)

Edit

http://www.aqualight.de/shop/showprod.php?...08113d7848ca3df

for T5

Yeah,

I have been doing some research on the T5s.. I get my lux meter sometime this week

and IM gonna break down the effectiveness of each upgrade I do.

I read that T5s offer almost 100lumen/watt which is better than the generally agreed upon output for PCs 88 to 78 lumen/watt..

Im going to do a complete T-5 kit for the nanocube as well... This looks like the promising new direction of CF lighting.

Great site ccjung ! My question is this, will you be selling modded hoods seperate from the aquarium itself? I am interested in buying a hood from you, but would like to keep my tank :-) I would even send you back my 3 week old hood from my DX in return.

Bottom line, I can't DIY or wire to save my life.

Edit I foudn them :) Do you have a phone number I can reach you at to go over a few things? B) If so you can PM me!!!!

guys check out the post on rc "t-5's may be for you" it has really good info. Remember ho t-5s putt out more light than no t-5's. Meaning do not get the no self ballasted t-5's.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered some and got the wrong bulbs from my distributor.. Im miffed. I own the Jallis on my personal tank, and was stoked on getting them today.. Im really bummed...

I will have them in stock come hell or high water!!!! (waves fist in the air!!!)...

Chris

Just got off the phone with Jalli.. Thank god I speak mandarin...

I found out the Actinics were discontinued but were originally designed as an Actinic 03 with a violet coloring.. Their new bulbs are in the 27w format (about 1.5in shorter) and are also Actinic 03. Although they look blue, he says they are the real deal.. IMHO I like the violet look of the old bulb, but Im pretty sure hes right..

In my further research, Im seeing that the emission bands are in the actinic range for all bulbs marked "actinic" regardless of the hue..

Thats good news.. For me I prefer the Jalli because its a violet colored actinic.

The Aqualine Buske Actinics look too blue to me, but im sure that they are actinics.

The Jalli 27w Aqua Lux bulbs are shorter, but look just like the AB actinics..

Because of the fact I was able to communicate with him so well in mandarin (I never had to talk to someone in mandarin) I was amazed that he offered to call his dealers and ask for me..

It also sounds like if demand is high enough, they will/may resume production, which would be very very nice..

Chris

Archived