Innovative Marine Aquariums

New worm, and no it's not a bristle...

calvin415

I wish I could get a picture of it, but it's so small and my digital doesn't zoom well. I just got a small piece of toadstool on a frag of rock and now I'm seeing a couple here and there. It's extremely thin, white, and is typically waving. I know it sounds stupid, but the only way I can describe it is if you were to look at a snails antenna and picture that sticking out of a piece of rock. I've never seen anything like it. Anyone have an ideas?

ProFlatlander15

i had something like that in my tank. it was very thin and white, and waved about in the current, and was bout 3 inches long when fully extended out of its hole. then my girlfriend cut in in half and i havent seen it since.

I'm afraid to cut it in case it mulitplies... When I cleaned the tank not too long ago and moved a rock, I saw was looked like a starfish, made of these long white tenacles. Five in all, and connected in the middle, but haven't seen it since and I've only see one of these what ever you want to call it, arm, tenacle, member, since... Does this help anyone? Just trying to get an ID so I know if I should worry or not? The tanks seems to be thriving, but at only 2 gallons, I watch everything like a hawk.

Cool, is sounds like just about everything is good for tanks now a days. Guess I should only start to worry if things start to get eaten. :)

Archived