ReefCleaners.org

super nano

ApocalypticSurf6

ApocalypticSurf6

ok well I just ordered glass to be cut the 4 sides of this tank will be 91/2 inches high, the front is 10 inches wide and sides 11 inches long, water lever in display area 7", fuge 7 1/2", sump 8" this is all approx. but I hope this is the levels, the first pump will tak water over the over flow into the sump which will then either overflow into the fuge then back to display or it will be sucked up by the second pump set at probably less then half the gph, but i will be able to up it if I have to and that will add the current I need for the tank, this will work right, the sectioning will be done with black acrylic

ApocalypticSurf6

the water level in the display tank is lower then in the rest of the tank, there for needs some push to get the water circulating, and if all i had running was the 450@47 then the water would never overflow inot the refugium

ApocalypticSurf6

by the way I already have full blueprints for it as well as a hood which will hve a cooling fan, a 20W 50/50 coralife srew-in compct flourscent for the front and a 10W coralife screw-in full daylight compact for the refugium, also two blue moon lights

ApocalypticSurf6

dont worry as it goes together I will try and get you guys pics, it will be a little hard without a digital camera but I will try, this tank will be the home to a yellow clown goby, with marshal island and kaelini live rock most of the marshal being in the back along with top class corals, I have a ten gallon running which is now part stock tank for this one

ApocalypticSurf6

idea, scwd from the 450@47 which il crack up to 72gph and put the other head opposite from the first one, I was playing with the idea and dont know if I really want to becase it will clutter the front a little but maybe, any ideas

ApocalypticSurf6

well i need at least 15 gph flowing into the refugium(right???)

so what should I do in terms of how many gph on the second pump for the scwd, the pumps you cant set ecact its a slide thing so should I just fool with it until I get the desired flow I sapose, oh and does anyone know a site for calculating the flow from a pump through tubing?, like it calculates the loss of gph depending on how many 90 degress peices, amouth of upward tubing and downward and stuff

ApocalypticSurf6

oh yea by the way changed the design very slightly, the fuge was made wider by taking some unneeded area from the sump and overflow section for the main pump, and now the heater will be placed inside the sump and the tubeing from the main pump will hit the heater before anything else at the heaters middle, for better heating

ApocalypticSurf6

can anyone give me ideas for setting up the scwd, if I mount it directly to the pump I will need a reducing adapter which is 3.5 inches high then directly to the scwd, this results in an overall hieght of 10 inches .5 inches higher then the tank, I can pull it off by putting the acrylic splash protector on the hood 1/2 inch higher but it anyone has better ideas it would be greatly appreicated because I would like to keep all plumbing below the glass

• 3 weeks later...
ApocalypticSurf6

update on this tank,

the glass of the tank is built, no leaks, the base is build and painted, the hood is also built and painted, i used a coralife mini marine aqualight for the front, took it apart and remounted the the ballasts, reflector and bulbs in the hood re wiring the on/off swith to just turn off the white lamp, this way I can have just actinics if I wish, the 10W screw in is also in place, screwed the moon lights up once and am going to take a second shot, using 3 UV LEDS and 1 or 2 blue LEDS giving it a blue/purple glow, Im going to have to get some pics because this thing is gorgeous

I did the exact same thing you did with your mini-coralife...but how did you wire it to shut off only the white and not the actinic? I want the actinic to stay on like probably 2 hours after white shuts off.

ApocalypticSurf6

oh well hmm then youd have to buy an extra power coard and wire both indepentdently, I just undid the switch and rewired it onto the negetive wire of the daylight bulb so I can swith it when I want, and wired the coralife screw in right before the two othe lamps onto the main coard, supplies? ummm, about $240 for everything including scwd, pumps, heater, lighting, wood, glass. etc, this only excludes sand, water conditioners and salt, LR fish etc, il get you pics soon as i get my new phone with a digi cam built in:-P

ApocalypticSurf6

Hey I need some advice on a lighting upgrade, right now I have for the display area lighting one 9w actinic and 1 9w 10,000k, I just found a nice little metal halide fixture sitting around, not made for a reef mind you, its in a circular fixture about 3 inches in diameter and the bulb is 20w, 120v, tested it in my 10 for a half hour and it looks nice but I want it in the pico, remember this will pump the lighting per gallon up to 19watts a gallon, watcha all think?

ApocalypticSurf6

assembled now

well the tank is very close to complete, all i need to finish the mechanical part of it is the second pump with the scwd, and a heater, right now its running the way it is with just the one pump pushing the overflow, just tap water is in it with a female betta and some java moss, i figured id take her out of her little tank for a while, seems happy, feel bad heil have to return to the 1/2 gallon container soon

oh and to my suprise the over flow developed a second plus, it makes a strong top current, everything ripples, I cant wait to see the light on it with rock and stuff, its going to be amazing especially at night

ApocalypticSurf6

ok finally got some pics of my custom tank, this is before the acrylic was assembled, I am also getting the SCWD and plumbing i need for it on saturday,

picodownwithtype.jpg

picoactinicS.jpg

picoS.jpg

these are pics of the inside of the hood

lightingonS.jpg

lightingoffS.jpg

Archived