Innovative Marine Aquariums

Acoustic's September Reef Photo's

Acoustic

hey the tank looks amazing. i was thinking about doing black sand in my new tank that i'm getting and i was wondering if you have had any problems with it so far. i wondering if the sand starts to look kinda nasty after a while and do you clean your sand at all? the last thing i wanna know is if you had to "seed"

the sand with regular live sand before you used it in the tank.

sorry about all the questions

thanks

I wondering if the sand starts to look kinda nasty after a while and do you clean your sand at all?

-Yes I vacuum the ditritus off of the top of the sand every 3 weeks as part of my water change regiment.

The last thing i wanna know is if you had to "seed"

the sand with regular live sand before you used it in the tank?

-Yes I did to seed it with some white sand to speed up the process but my live rock would havew done it anyway. My sand has white spreckles in it now cause my dam jawfish made a burrow and got to the white stuff. I have been dilligently trying to keep the sand pure black looking but the jawfish keeps shooting more out.

the tanks looks great as expected....

i have a question about your clown goby do you feed it if so what?..

i put one in my frag tank and it ate the sps polyps i brought it back i but i am setting up a all softy tank in a few weeks

and i want another little goby

Where is a good place to get the Black Calcite Sand... I LOVE it... its awesome and REALLY shows the bright colors of the corals. can you get the Black Calcite Sand "live"?

Archived