Coral Vue Hydros

Thing - wavy legs at night

paultyrer

Hi,

I have this thing growing out of a piece of live rock, it has grown about 1 cm over the past month or so. it looks just like this for the vast amount of the day, but come night time it has 2 wavy legs or arms that wave around in the current, They appear to be white or light grey in colour,if any light comes there way they seem to be pulled inside the case that you see here.

Can anyone help identify and give me suggestions if i need to move it or not??

Thanks in advance

Paul

Spaghetti worm for sure. They are good to have. If you watch them at night when they are most active there can be about 10-15 arms grabbing debris from the water column for food.

Thanks for your replys.

It's good to know that i can forget about it and concentrate my worries on something else in the tank.

Where in the book did it say i would spend more time worrying about screwing it all up than i would speaking to my wife.

lol

Thanks again

Paul

Originally posted by paultyrer

Where in the book did it say i would spend more time worrying about screwing it all up than i would speaking to my wife.

one piece unsolicited advice: get your wife involved! have her help look for new life on the rocks, encourage her to take trips with you to the lfs to pick out future livestock, get her help with tank maintenance. all these things will make life a lot better and could help you stock your tank more - and maybe you'll be supported when you want to set up that 75g reef (you will).

Archived