Top Shelf Aquatics

Here are the pictures I promised

fade2black

Forgive the clutter and bad pictures, these were taken quickly.

HOBrefugium1.jpg

HOBrefugium2.jpg

HOBrefugium3.jpg

Of course I will be fully customizing these to your specs. :P That is a Finnex 13W 7100k light on top, and CPR plumbing (I have an agreement with them to use their parts for these). The size on this one is roughly 15X4X9.5 and is shown on a 5.5 gal tank. The back, bottom and sides are all black acrylic to prevent light from shining into the main tank, and the front is clear so you can see into it. These run with MJ900 pumps. Feedback is greatly appreciated as this is a prototype for now.

That looks great. I especially like the sheilding for the light. Is the powerhead inside the fuge? Thats the only thing I would change about mine.

The powerhead will be in the tank and pump water up to the fuge and gravity feed back into the tank.

I haven't figured the price yet. I think they will be sold with and without the light. All the parts are laser cut and will be built to order only. No more trying to fit an aquafuge behind your tank, get one custom made. :)

• 1 month later...

12x12x6 is $108. The light is normally $35.99, but if you buy it with a refugium I sell them to you for $21.99. So complete it will be $129.99 and it comes complete with a MaxiJet 900 pump.

The light, pump, and the plumbing make up a big chunk. I buy the black plumbing parts direct from CPR and they don't sell them cheap. The rest is tied up in acrylic, laser cutting, and labor.

If you add up the cost of a CPR AquaFuge 12" and the Finnex light, it comes out to about the same price. I'd rather go with fade2black's custom fuges if that's the case!

For the dimensions of the 12 X 12 X 6 for example, does the height include the acrylic that extends up above the tank to block the light?

Go as big as possible IMO. Go as long as you can along the back and about 12" deep and 4-6" wide.

I'm building 2 custom ones right now for some customers. I will post some more pictures of these refugiums when they are done. These are complete ones with pump and the Finnex light.

16x12x5 is $125 plus the light at $21.99 is a total of $146.99 for a complete refugium. Just hang it on the back and plug it in. Anything else, just email me and reference this quote.

Paul

Archived