Innovative Marine Aquariums

help!!!!Uhhh i don't know what this is!~!!!!!

rock12

I can't take it anymore!!!!!!! Today i saw another one! And no its not apista cuz i've found 3 of those, and took care of them by super gluesing them to death, and these look different! One that i found before is tan in color(whole body) and and white tips! There round like a doughnut(anomone for sure) and are stuby with shor tenticals and the tips are ball like! The one i found today has a tan foot, and a neon green strip above the foot where the base starts, and is more greenish in color than the other ones! Its on fiji if that matters! I'm sorry i don't have pictures, and can't get any but does anyone have any idea what this could be?! Any web sites with pics to let me see if its what you think it might be?! Its driving me crazy! Theres more of them too, but there babies! All help would be greatly apreciated! thankx

rock12

i don't know! It kinda looks like that but the tips are white, and round like a marbol! Also they can retarct into the base of it! I don't know what it is~!

HaHaHAHAHAHAHAHAH i luv it!lol! Nice post!lol! R u sure its one?! It's base isn't tall...yet! Plus the ones in the pictures don't have round tips, or do they not have them as they age?!

AReeferIsExpensive

i have two majanos and i love them~ I even feed them =X

See, you cant compare pics completely with them b/c the fact that there are so many different "strands" of both pests. Ive seen so many different kinds of majanos and none of them look exactly the same.

The tip shape changes but they definitely hide in their foot (which is stubby) when touched. And they are greenish/brown.....

U can keep it if youd like but some ppl said they have had one for years and it hasnt done a thing...others say they wake up to like 90 ofem all around their tank. Id have Joes Juice on hand at all times anyhow just incase, esp for the aiptasia. If you like it, leave it be!

i like one of them a little bit but i think that they will become a problem! Three days ago i had one...now i have 3 and i see about 5 more babys about to emerge! I killed one of them too cuz i thought it was a apiasta(spelling?) but now that i think about it it wasn't! Oh well! I think they are cute but also think that i should remove some of them! How do you go about doing so?! Like if i were to trade them to that other post we were in?! How do you take them off the rock?

AReeferIsExpensive

heres mine...its about 1.5in in diameter now and on the right is my porc crab who has taken quite a liking to it~

Bc its in the corner, the bowfront glass makes my camera out of focus =X

yeah mine kinda looks like that only its a little smaller than half an inch, and its base isn't that long! How long until i can tell if the base is growing? How old is that one?

AReeferIsExpensive

ive had it for months and months. the other one i have is about .5inch in diameter and it doesnt have a base yet...id get a pic but its on the top of a rock and i cant really get at that angle w/ out hitting my lighting

i gusse i have some then! I meen i have alot! How do you remove them when there little, without killing them? Like to atach them to another smaller piece of rock?

EtOH_is_good

my majano had nice green tentacles, but it started zapping my first zoanthid polyps (see my majano thread). majano is now in quarantine.

EtOH_is_good

aw, come on and do a search (try majano and zoanthid). you've been around long enough now and you also posted in the general discussion area. i'll only hold your hand if your tank is in serious trouble or you post in the beginner section.

AReeferIsExpensive

yea they do....mine is beautiful but the cameras focus n color is really off. Its like shiney greens and yellows and the foot looks cool too. I know that some kinds of majano spread a lot more than others so i guess you got unlucky~

You cant "remove" them, you HAVe to kill them or they will just keep multiplying. Dont worry about it, they dont feel pain or anything, just order some Joes Juice and take care of all the aiptasias and majanos and you will have it in hand for next time. They can be really nasty and have a harmful sting to other corals but ive actually had really good experiences w/ my 2, one has zoos growing all around it and it rubs on them all day but they keep their skirts extended. The other one is surrounded by GSP and those touch eachother all day too......

Theres seriously not enough official info about majanos~ I looked everywhere but everyone says different stuff and theres so many different pics of them that dont match so all i know is from my own experiences.

thats why i thought that i would ask here! I figure somone has to have had some and knows about them!lol! Yeah one of mine is pretty, i might keep it, but i think the others are going to go!lol!

Archived