Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My firefish goby's near-death experience

Tigahboy

Just wanted to share my little fish adventure...

Bought 2 firefish gobies the other day. I did the routine acclimation procedures. Scooped one of them out w/ a net and placed him/her into my tank.

The other one was feisty and I had a hard time trying to get it out of the bag and the bag had so much water in it that it was hard to manage. So I decided to pour some of the water out.

Took the bag to my kitchen sink and as soon as I tilted the bag to pour, my firefish darted out of the bag and went straight into the DRAIN IN MY SINK w/ the garbage disposer!

Here's a pic of the sink/drain...I just noticed that it's called a "In-Sink-Erator"! haha..hilarious....

sink.jpg

I thought it was gone for sure, but I looked into the drain w/ flashlight and I saw it! So I grabbed some tongs and tried to pick it up...but he was flipping all over the place so it took about 10 attempts.

FINALLY, i got him out and I quickly ran to the tank and put him in. He headed straight for the rocks and I didn't see him for a few hours. But he eventually appeared and I didn't see any sign of harm. This guy is a resiliant mofo!

firefish1.JPG

Here's a pic of both of them. Both are doing well and eating like pigs.

firefish2.JPG

wow! funny but story, hope he/she isnt harmed, just like to point out that firefish are not gobies but are now scientifically grouped more accurately with wormfish (microdesmidae).

should of just turn the insinkerator on...teach his hoppy arse a lesson...then feed it to the subservient one so it learns the consequences of not following the reef master directions. bwa hah haaa haaaa

J/K

should of just turn the insinkerator on...teach his hoppy arse a lesson...then feed it to the subservient one so it learns the consequences of not following the reef master directions.

LOL...I'll keep that in mind the next time it happens.

sounds as stuborn as my bi color blennie

I recently had to break down my four' reef to move and i started draining it, and thestupid fish instead of going down with the water level stayed in his little hideout and almost suffocated. then again i was taking out rocks (after shaking them and turning them over and over to make sure nothing was attached ) i saw him on the bottom of the plastic bin (he jumped out of the hole in the rock when he realised it wasnt going into the water)

:o :o

stupid fish

what is it with fire fish with living on the edge i got a mantis shrimp on my rock only like a qurter of an inch long and my fire fish decide to make a snak of him but i took a couple of attemps of spitting him out and sucking it back in. lol weird huh

anson

myfisharemean

lol, I'm actually getting a "nemo" or other clown, just to make my little bro happy, lol, but he NEVER even gets to feed my fish, lol, they're just for him to look at. :) -Matt

It's cool...I got a perc and my gf named it "Nemo" from day one. And she keeps askin me what the names of the other fish are; but I don't name my fish.

Archived