Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

7 Gal or Nano Cube

crazyfishdude

well I like the MiniBow7 because of the bowed front, everything in the tank looks bigger. and insted of haveing to retrofit stuff inside the original conopy you can just ditch it and buy a light fixture...thats what I did on mine :D

8390DSC01914-med.JPG

as of right now just LR, CC, some zoos, and 2 Clark Clowns, I am going to upgrade toa 20L in December for the clowns. I am getting a Free Kenya Tree Coral frag from a member of this forum and may be buying some colorfull rics from another.

Both tanks are nice, but the Nano cube will give you a little more room and you can hide your pump/heater behind the false wall.

If your on a budget a simple 10G is good. If your a DIY'er you could ad a plexiglass false wall/overflow. It would probable only set you back $30

Nanocube $100

Minibow 7 $45-$60

AGA 10G $15

crazyfishdude

ok thanks

im on a 200$ budget so i can afford the nano cube

i know about the thing at wal mart

I have a ten gal FW

but i hated going to my walmarts fish department

it was so disgusting untill like two week ago

there used to be dead fish in every thank and nobody to clean

them. now there is someone there all the time

and no dead fish

Id go with the MB7 =) I took to orginal canopy and retro fitted it with a 32w 50/50 bulb CSL kit. Added a 50mm fan for cooling. And 2 470nm Blue LEDs for moon lighting. Travis... Thats almost like cheating using the light which is made for the 10gal AGA. If you want ~10gal; just get an 10 gallon AGA, $9 and Walmart.

haha, the legs on it can be made to fit any ize smaller than 20", the bulb is oinly about 17 inches long so the entire light is over the tank ;), and cheating? is that possible in this hobby? lol :D

crazyfishdude

Im probally gonna go with the 7 gal Mini Bow

Is florescent lighting good fot that?

I plan to probally keep LR LS and some type of clown

I like your idea Travis, I use a version of that light in 30" over my 20L for my cichlid tank. Does that include the one white lunar light?

How big are your clarkiis Travis?

Is it possible to mix spp. of clown fish?

I am gonna upgrade to a 20L in December or maybe sooner. My clowns are about 1.25" long, and spp.? what is that??? and if I wanted brighter lights for the MiniBow, I could always get the 2x40w 50/50 bulbs, same fixture just twice the light ;) and yes it has 1 blueish white luner light.

crazyfishdude
Originally posted by bravoreefer

Most likely you should upgrade the lighting, b/c if you plan on keeping corals, you will need that more light.  Good choice on the MB7 :happy:

I'm new at this.

What should I upgrade to and

do you know where to buy it?

if you go 10, you can use the same lighting canopy that you buy from walmart and just buy the bulbs, if you go with the 7 you might want to buy a tottaly new light fixture

Archived