Top Shelf Aquatics

Does it matter how a DE bulb is put in?

cpreefguy

Which way should the bulb be facing for the optimal color? It's a aqualine 70w bulb.The instructions say something about the burning position being 45 degrees. I was just wondering if in matters which way the bulb is put in the sockets. Should the side with the writing be facing the water?

Thanks

Reefer_Buddha

i really dont think it matters but i always put the clear side of the envelope inside the bulb facing down.

Littleoceans

YES, there is a specific way it goes in.... If you look at the center of the blub you will see part of the inner bulb with a "white" section closer to the outer glass than the rest... that faces the "inside" of the reflector......

ALSO.... If your talking about USHIO UHI-70Q they are 75watt bulbs and NOT 70watt..... LO

birdman204

ummm....

look inside the bulb, there is an "orb" with a "nipple" on it, this "nipple" is the exhaust for the bulb, it CANNOT be facing Downward , ( I really hope my memory is serving me correctly here ) , otherwise , they can be mounted horizintally, vertically, whatever best fits your reflector.

birdman204

tHANKS LITTLE OCEANS... i THINK IT CAN ALSO BE RUN SIDEWAYS, AT LEAST, i HAVE BEN FOR 7 MOS NOW ;)

Damn Caps, sorry.

Archived