Pod Your Reef

Pics of my 18 gallon Nano

reef120

I finally took some pictures of my nano tank last night just before my new addition which I will post in a few days. Is is my 18 gallon cube nano tank with a 4 gallon sump. Let me know what you all think

Nice setup man. I like the sump idea.

Lovely blue coloured fishes there.

How about some specs?

How long has the tank been running?

What additives are you using?

Thanks.

The tank you see to the right is a DIY calk mixer.. The sump is built in the back which also housed my skimmer

As far as setup. It's a custom 18 gallon

2-24watt 10K power compact (will be adding one more)

1-24watt 03 power compact

2 rio 90's powerheads

1 maxi-jet 404 power head

1-maxi-jet 404 sump return pump

fulham e-ballast

I installed a DIY cooling fan into the canopy

replica CPR skimmer

100watt heater

DIY 2 gallon acrylic calk container with maxy-jet 404 mixing pump

1.2" southdown sandbed

approx 20 pounds of fuji & tonga live rock taken from my 125 gallon.

Water changer done every week 3-5 gallons using RO/DI water

Mrs Wage's lime water dossed 24/7 with DIY mixer which is also my top off.

Photoplankton & Golden Pearls added once a week.

what is that??, What does it do?? How do you Make??

Mysk let me se if I understand your question right.

If your referring to the acrylic containerto the right of the tank it is a calk mixer that I made basically what it does is drips calcuim cloride (CALK) in my nano tank which maintains my calcuim levels to what I desire. I use Mrs. Wages pickling lime instead of the calcium you woukd by from you LFS which cost too much money. Mrs. Wages is the exact same stuff but way cheaper. If you need more research you can go to reefcentral and do a search for mrs wages. The container to the right of the picture stores lime water which is dripped 24/7 in my nano tank at the exact rate of evaporation. This serves at two thing top off water and calcium for my SPS. I also have a pump in the container which is on a timer and turns on a couple times a week for a few minute to mix up the lime power which settles to the bottom the pump will stir it up.

My nano has been setup about 2 months now. I used water and LR from my main tank which gave me instand cycle.

Archived