Top Shelf Aquatics

Regent Fixture

vyger

This thing will look alot better once it's painted. i intend to screw the Regent stock mounting flange which is on the bottom now ..to the back of my stand and this will allow the light to be out over the tank. Actually on the top instead of an elbow which is there now I am going to use a tee so that the wires can run thru the top pipe and the out the tee and down the back. Also i may use an elbow where the coupling is just before the fixture..that way the light will hang straight down. Either way it can swung up and out of the way.. It's all made of 1/2in black pipe...

1 2 1/2 in x1/2 nipple

1 36 in x 1/2 length

1 12in length

2 1/2 in elbows

1 1/2 coupling

total cost about $10.00

Inventive, minimalist, stylish, and cheap. Excellent DIY.

-q

**edit** Be sure that the point you attach this to the stand is well reinforced.

Thanks qfour20...... Actuallly the whole thing only weights 6lbs but I may thru bolt the regent flange to the back of my stand anyway. Since it's all threaded pipe, everything just screws together and you can get different lengths there are quite a few ways of constuction.....

Originally posted by vyger

Thanks qfour20...... Actuallly  the whole thing  only weights 6lbs but I may thru bolt  the regent flange to the back of my stand anyway. Since it's all threaded pipe,  everything just screws together and you can get different lengths there are quite a few ways of constuction.....

I drilled a pair of 3/4" holes in the top of my canopy for the fixtures. I had to actually thread the little stub of piping thru the wood!

I'm planning on running the wires out one of the sides, using the mounting plate upside down on the top of the canopy to make it look better. My camera is about out of batteries. Once I get some new ones, I'll post a pic.

Mike

Archived