Cultivated Reef

Transfer Complete--> 15 gallon is Set Up

C Jerome

Over winter break, while I was home, I was able to set up a 15 gallon tank with a 29 gallon sump/fuge. The contense of my 3 year old 6 gallon was moved over.

Specs.

-15 gallon AGA--> plumed to a 29 gallon sump/fuge(inlet compartment to fuge to pump outlet compartment)

-External glass over flow box with 1" bulkhead and 1 1/4" drain line

-Custom hood with 2 X 96W PC (50/50s)

-LED moon light

-two 3/4 inch returns through a SCWD with LocLine in tank

-powered by an external Mag7

about an 1 1/2 of sand(just enough to be above the wood trim)

20 - 30 pounds of LR

1 Clown Goby

1 Damsel

1 yellow wrasse

1 red spotted goby

a few small red legs

a few small blue legs

two turbos, and a few other assorted snails.

Here it is, keep in mind I did not have time to aquascape it yet, all the rock from the 6 is piled on the left, and the peices on the right I got from an established tank in my area.

Also there is a monster DIY post I am working on that outlines my entire project, to come ASAP...

Whole tank

P1220023.jpg

Red Spotted Goby

P1220096.jpg

"hey who is that other red spotted goby"

P1220082.jpg

Forest, the Damsel

P1220072.jpg

A red leg

P1220099.jpg

A very large Green Nuby Mushroom(very upset after I accidently ripped it a bit while moving it)

P1220067.jpg

A nice leather still in recovery, when I received it, it was partly covered with GSP, it is doing well.

P1220038.jpg

A large peice of LR covered in GSP, they have carpeted it. (I might be interested in parting with it, if some one is interested)

P1220056.jpg

So, thats it. I have some more photos I took at the same time that I can post later, but other wise there will not be new ones until I am home over spring break. Enjoy.

C. Jerome

that is sharp. nice corals, nice fish. looking forward to the DIY thread. I would like to setup something similar, only 29 main tank and 15 fuge.

Thank You, my goal was to keep the inside of the tank clean looking with out power heads and all that clutter.

I was thinking of going with the 29 main and 15 sump, but I liked the shape of the 15, and my lights are better for the 15.

C. Jerome

Here is a shot of the sump/fuge. I have the macro in a plastic bag that has tons of hole punched in it, because I did not have a chance to get some mesh to put above the bottom baffle after the fuge to keep the macro in.

C. Jerome

P1220013.jpg

Archived