inTank Media Baskets

Spawning Clowns.

Vandur

Well my girlfriend called me over to the upstairs nano this morning, and much to my surprise, it looks like our "new" clowns have started to spawn.

Now, having done a search (here) for clown breeding tips, I see that the Clownfishes book by Wilkerson is suggested. Are there any other good books out there on the subject? I expect that this first batch won't last to long, but I would definately be interested in seeing how many spawn out of future batches.

I took a few pictures (not good but I will try to get a few more) and posted them in the Photo Gallery for everyone to see.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=19256

Any helpful links, books, or even your own experiences with raising / breeding clowns would be appreciated.

Thanks!

~V

I have the CLOWNFISHES from stratton. but i've read thru others any book that specializes on clowns should tell you what to buy and steps to take to raise the fry. It aint easy. but once they start spawning they should do it on a regualr basis

I was pretty dumb-founded to find out they spawned. They haven't been in the tank very long at all (month or two at most).

Thanks for the heads up on the books. Iwill definately start looking around!

~V

Archived