inTank Media Baskets

My new 10G

Dingo

Here is my new, still cycling 10G tank. It has a 96w Coralife PC fixture, a Powersweep (which won't sweep for more than 24 hours without jamming) and a 50W submersable heater.

Here is a picture of my rockin' rock. Got it from Tropicorium. The only problem with it is that their whole system was infested with those coraline eating starfish. I saw them in several specimen tanks, and there were about 8 on my rock that I had to remove.

This is Premium blah blah blah rock.

Pucker up baby!! Plant one right here!

This Rhodactis is waiting in my 50 until the 10 is done cycling. Then it's off to Mushroom Heaven.

I found a butt ugly hitchhicker crab in there last night deep in a hole in the rock. When I lit up its hole with my flashlight, the little bastard flipped me off! Why I oughtta..

Whatchu mean its off to mushroom heaven? You gonna kill it?

Nice rock BTW. I got rocks like that one time and it had all kinds of hitchiker crabs.

Hmm... that did sound bad. I meant the 10 gal will be mushroom heaven. :)

There will be all kinds of coral orgies on the beach. Coral hedonism and wonton fission. Illicit mind altering coral additives and bristleworm raves. Nude coral sunbathing and lots of voyeristic photos.

There will be all kinds of coral orgies on the beach. Coral hedonism and wonton fission. Illicit mind altering coral additives and bristleworm raves. Nude coral sunbathing and lots of voyeristic photos.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!.....love it!

• 3 weeks later...

This one shows my wicked coraline growth. Compare this to the 2nd post in this thread, and you'll see what I mean. Also my frogspawn which has pink and green tips, and a montipora brown'o'something. The star polyps on the upper right were a hitchhicker, and they will be a problem. There was only one when the tank started.

Here is my trumpet. This sob has 6 inch sweepers that come out at night. So much for being non-aggressive. If you look reeeally closely, you can see one that slipped out of the bottom polyp's underwear when laying on the beach. Naughty naugty.

This macro will also be a problem. Any suggestions are welcome. It is springing up everywhere and looks like green cellophane. It feels like plastic, too :). BTW, that red is not cyano, it's blood red corraline, and I love it.

Every day I add a capful from part A and part B of Kent CB 2 part ca/alk additive. In one day my ca will drop from 420 down to 400, and my alk will drop from 12 down to 10 Dkh. One cap of each part brings it back up.

• 4 weeks later...

any suggestions for getting rid of those corraline eating starfish? i just bought some rock from the tropicorium and i have already removed about 5 of them also. i want to make sure that i get them all before its too late. do they also eat other corals?

I had some of those, to get rid of them, i would just watch when looking at the tank, and when I saw one I grab it and toss it. They leave those white dots all over your corraline, not good at all

C. Jerome

I can not remember where i read it but that person had fed a harlequin shrimp with starfish in a different tank for two weeks before putting it in his main tank having starfish problem and his HS solved his starfish problem.

Kadir

At last count, I removed over 20. I have given up, lately. The things breed like mad. I do find white areas, but it isn't overwhelming, and for now I am letting it be. I don't think that a Harlequin is really an approriate answer, because then you are stuck with an expensive animal that you can't feed.

Duuuuude, That coralline growth is wicked!! I love that Premium BlahBlah rock, gotta get me some of that. Took me about 7 weeks to see lots of coralline growth on my 10g. Very nice, doesn;t look like the starfish are hurting it too much, besides, biodiversity right!

Looking very good Dingo.

Archived