Innovative Marine Aquariums

I'm a reeftard..HERE we go...pics of unknown macro and tank shots help id...

samstersam

I got it..found a good photo hosting site..

no more bandwidth problems... HERE can someone ID this macro?

34006581.jpg

Full tank shot too (15 gallons)...i put some of this macro here and there because it's a nice slow grower and easy to prune...

34006578.jpg

Quick shot of fuge with MORE of unknown macro and lots of other algae...

34006582.jpg

Lighting 2 65 watt 10,000 k and actinic PC's coralife...

34006575.jpg

HERE'S ANOTHER macro caliicferous type algae..ID help with this too is appreciated...(i'll give u a penny!)

34006817.jpg

PS guys..these pics are pretty good with real life colors..flash or no flash, i believe that is the exact look and color of the macros that i need to ID...

15 gallon with medium CPR HOB fuge

the Microchiller on a messy DIY Aquaclear mini

age is 6 months old since end of cycling ( 1 month of cycling)

every 10 days or so 3-4 gallon water changes with 4 stage RO/DI Oceanus unit (AWESOME)

2 65 watt PC's (coralife fixture) 10,000 kelvin and actinic bulbs

Water specs:

amm: 0

trite: 0

trate: 0

salinity: 1.025 (refractometer)

alk : 10 dkh

calc: 440

ph 7.8 crack of dawn and 8.3 at lights out

20 lbs of rock in tank and fuge mix of florida gulfview rocks (mostly) figi, tonga branch, and marshall and frags of rocks from lfs when getting corlas...2-3 inch shallow sand bed for looks and biodiversity

supplements:

Kent 2 part calc and alk (dosed when needed independantly using salifert calcium and lamotte alk tests)

kalkwasser when i'm bored

food:

cyclopeeze every other day ( a tiny scraping of a razor)

DT's every other day cyclopeeze not added (half a capful)

flake foods when i'm bored..usually handfeeding my cleaner shrimp (VERY minimal)

inhabitants:

2 astrea

2 turbo

2 cerith

4 nass

1 sally (model citizen)

1 emerald crab

1 cleaner shrimp

1 pep shrimp

1 tiny green chromis

1 firefish goby

corals:

green slimer acro frag (grew a branch in the last month under these PC's..turned from brown at LFS to bright green tips in my tank) on the sandbed too...

1 torch (4 smal heads i think)

1 sinularia

family of candy canes corals

1 dyed sinularia i think...(I KNOW I KNOW..it was a PRESENT from my cousin..have no choice..if it dies i'm TOAST...but it's been doing good for a month now

1 wells brain

a family of button polyps

a family of orange and green zoos

a family of yellow polyps

2 pom pom xenia frags (each has like 3 baby stalks)

3 GSP mats (were on a rock, after hearing horror stories i put it on rocks that are NOT glued and can be easily removed for pruning...the 3 mats were from one small mat) goddamn weeds though

3 un-ID'ed macro algae

TONS of coralline everywhere, maroon, pink purple green and yellow..(i love flordia rocks)

LOSSES/DEATHS:

1 maxima clam which was 4 inches from the light. He had the pinching mantle syndrome as described by minh in reefcentral. tried freshwater dip..successful once, then died the second time it started pinching again...

3 aptisasias

2 mantis shrimp

NOW...CAN SOMEONE ID those two macros?

someone said possibly gracilia ..any second opinions???

i'll mail u a pretty shiny penny!!!

kickyourbrainintheface

it looks similar to my gelidium pulchellum (sp?)

the other pic you showed yesterday looks like a type of gracillaria

Originally posted by MattGecko

Nice looking tank.

Whats the large pink coral in the center of the tank?

u guys are going to kill me, but it's some kind of dyed sinularia....

i think it's dyed anyway...

my cousin bought it for me. she's completely clueless about reef tanks, but bought me one without a clue in the world as a surprise. i really appreciated it.

i HAVE to maintain it, otherwise she has to get upset. i didn't want to tell her anything about dyed corals blah blah ..a) she wouldn't understand B) she would get upset c) i love her to death

it's been doing good so far. I had it for a month (too short of a time, i know) and the polyps that extend are brown, although the overall stalk is pink. The brown, i'm assuming is the natural color, which is good, at least the xoanth. are photosynthesizing to a degree...

Archived