Innovative Marine Aquariums

CUSTOM MADE HOODS FOR SALE

Dave ESPI

Ive gotten quite good at making hoods. I use Poplar wood as it is reef safe, has a nice grain and fairly easy to work with. If you are interested, let me know. Ill post some pics later.

EDIT: Meh, its later enough.. :happy:

2woodhoodstack.jpg

Guest AbSoluTc

Dave-

Can you make one for a 7gal bow?  All black, 6" high, with a super smooth finish?  What price are we talkin?  Or can I just send you a 24 pack of bud?

as long as its not budweizer....... I cant make them for bow fronts sorry I cant bend wood.... Only my own .. to the left and right up and down... but then its up to the lady to use the Joy stick in what ever fashion she chooses/....

this is a custom angle hood for a 75 or 90 gal I made for halides. It will fit 46.5 inch VHO, any PC and has room at the top for a secondary Tube. It cost me 100.00 for the wood and fan. Id sell it for 250.00 If you want lights lemme know I can onstall, wire and provide a complete hood. this is one example. I have to take more pics...

Img75galtop.JPG

EDIT: update pic , and this EXACT hood is currently for sale

Aquabid Auction # 1036611247

here is a 10 gal with PC retro. I have it set up so a 9 watt PC Actinic will stay on all the time. The others are on a timer. cost 45.00 for wood. 100. for lights total if u want one 200.00 It is open backed so you can have any # of accessories. I HIGHLY SUGGEST a Cover slip-glass for your tank.

Img10lights.JPG

ahem... tank and inhabitants NOT included.

EDIT: Update pic, and BTW, the actinic on all the time has created a FOREST in my tank.... I can frag till the wee hours of the morning.

:)

Img2%20hoods.JPG

another 2 golded oak color hoods... damn I hate them.

7 coats and 2 wet sands .... ugh.....

quality is NOT worth this much work ......

or is it ?

LOLz :blush:

my new 40 Long (or 55 gal) VHO canopy. Uses Ice Cap 660 3 46.5 inch 110 watt VHO, 2 Lunar cycle 13 watt PC

and soon a NO Blacklight in the center. (t realy makes the tank cool at night my brain corals are amazing under it). they are on timers and have staggered start.

All inclussive hood : $ 500.00

Wood only 200.00

all the wiring is Quick Disconnect at the hood and wiring harness.

Img40Llight.JPG

I looked.. not a single hood under 200.00 Lights are NOT included I assume as there is NO mention of them.

not to be harsh, but would you ask you dentist to do a root canal for less?  I only make a small profit on the hood materiels.. my time is free as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

dave this is kinda off subject but i was wondering if you had any of those mircor powerheads left. i need 3 of those and also a custom hood for a 12 gallon. (same footprint as a 10 gallon) i also need a hole cut at the top of it. let me know

what is the outside lip dims (that would be Length and Width) of the TOP of the tank....

HOW HIGH do you want the face of it ( inside height of the top of the hood from the upper surface of the tank LIP)

What color stain?

Solid back or cut out?

SEALED or PAINTED inside finish?

Do You need vent holes?

Are you going to put fans in it? IF SO WHAT SIZE ?

SOLID FRONT or hinged?

I can make anything your heart desires (and wallet requires) as a hood, you just have to explain it to me.

email info to: ESPI360@aol.com with a subject line to the point of

CUSTOM HOOD.

hth.

• 2 months later...

I was sent the pictures of dims and the layout of the stuff, and this is the results.

I think it turned out awesome, and the customer drooled after a month wait. :)

woo hoo ! high powrd nanoz !

Archived