Innovative Marine Aquariums

Minibow Photos

Gilman

Here are some updated shots of our Minibow. Our tank has been setup for over a year now and has become more "reefy" than I ever thought it would.

Full tank shot

082503tank1.jpg

Our Clown

082503clown1.jpg

Green Montipora (started as a tiny piece months ago)

082503monti1.jpg

Orange Ricordeas

082503rics1.jpg

082503rics2.jpg

Squamosa Clam

082503squamosa1.jpg

Some Zooanthids

082503rightside.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Gil

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warm fuzzies...... Thanks guys.

Acoustic wow :blush:

adin... soon man, soon.

Gil

ps. I forgot that I actually got a rare pic of our pepp shrimp doing what it does best molesting some of our zooanthids.

082503pepp.jpg

T? I love it too thanks :)

CJ most of the original frags were mounted to the main rockwork and have since grown in from there.

TiGs its got a CSL 32watt Smart Light above it.

caja :)

Thanks for the comments,

Gil

ChrizzleMarksizzle thanks man, that means alot comin from my humble fearless leader.

SLOreefer, I am a firm believer in the hands off approach. In my experience I just let it grow, and it has matured nicely.

Gil

T?@7

It's been going since 05/30/2002. There are pics on my site going back to the beginning of the setup so you can check out what it looked like back then.

Here is a picture just after adding live rock...

tank2.jpg

For contrast...

082503tank1.jpg

Gil

Kalanianaole

I'm not familiar with the guts of the minibow. On your site you say you just slipped the CSL retrofit into the lightstrip. Did it already have a slash guard? Or what did you to to splashproof the lights?

Any chance youre gonna frag anything Gil? [zoo's and ricordia] cough cough :happy:

Very beautiful tank, one of my inspirations. [i went the 10g route instead though] But I often think about setting up a 7g minibow... Kind of hard not to when I see 1 everyday at work. BAH!!

-Tam

HawaiianNano

Gil where did you get all of your frags. Im in hawaii and I envy you tank! I saw your tank and I had to have one. Its hard to get frags to Hawaii. There are a few that wants to ship it. I pretty much coypies your set up. Is your lights enough light? I have that same light on my 5.5

Archived