Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

a few pics of the ghetto-ness

Von digity

Just started setting this tank up this month. I don't mind if it looks ghetto, I'm po' (poor) so I'm not really going for looks. Any comments on ways to make it more ghetto would be appreciated (I'm kinda going for the ghetto look).

Set up:

-20L+10gal refuge, side by side.

-250 watt MH (some hydroponics dilly), 20k Hamilton tech bulb (off ebay, i think they were like 50 bucks)

-aq 300 filter

-skimmer= Ha Ha (working on some crummy DIY project, don't worry)

Livestock-

A few dead rocks

top view, check out the spray bar. The tank only needs one intake to keep up suction, but I decided to add one more just in case. Ph is a rio sumthinorother 600.

ok, last one. The plastic box around the power head is to keep out sand. I'm gonna build some type of overflow thingy in the near future.

tanks guys. I'm gonna mount these on the sides of my tank. yeaaah...

then i'm a go to pep boys and buy: chrome trim, flame decal, and some neon street lights.

yeah..

when i save up some more money, im gonna buy one of them chain steering wheels, ang get some fuzzy green carpet upholstered around the tank

A few spray-painted tags on that MH fixture and your tank will be the bomb-diggety, Von digity. Wow. That was cheezy ... sorry man.

*Edit*

Is that a ghetto-fied skilter I see hangin' back there as well?

Suhweet!

yo plaegic, it ain't a skilter, its a "ac300 skimmer wanna be, but never will be, looking piece of shabang, with a skilter reaction chamber & collection cup, that doesn't work cuz its a piece of crap so, its just there for looks, shizay?" Yeah, now i'm thinking of calling up my extagger friend to hit up the wall behind the tank, the mh, and maybe even the glass behind the tank.

spencerx, I got some black sand that I salvaged from another tank, it's mixed w/ some crushed coral, from another tank. I need more sand though.

I'm thinkin that my first tank inhabitant has to be a one eyed clownfish, or maybe a clownfish w/ a scar or something. If anyone got one and is willing to give it up, holla at me. I'm also looking for one armed shrimps, crabs, etc.. ultimately, i'd like to have a cleaner shrimp that can crip walk... (but wait aren't cleaner shrimps red?)

It's not a for real ghetto tank unless there's a couple junkies leaning against the glass drooling at the rock inside. (For all you non-hood peeps out there, rock = crack.) Bullet holes in the glass patched up real ghetto-like with toothpaste would lend much to its authenticity. If anything ever breaks just leave it in the tank and put the new heater or powerhead right next to it. And you can only feed the inhabitants once a week. And you need to take the suspicious-looking fish out and beat them every once in a while so they know who's on top.

You have to put a really nice tank right next to it, where all the inhabitants are obese and eat five times a day and drive SUVs. And make sure they never spend any of their hard earned money on the tramps and trash in the ghetto tank.

Man, this is so much fun I want a ghetto tank of my own now.

onthefly- I was planning on lighting the refuge w/ a regent 70 watt mh dilly that I had lying around.

Kalanianaole- funny mang. I'm thinkin that since the main tank is the ghetto, the fuge gotta be the slums. I still don't know where to put the wellfare office. I'm gonna make the fish pay up food stamps before I feed them. Of course, I need some fish that will have like 20 kids(from diff babies momas and fathas) living in one house. Yeah, and they gotta pay up child support, so they'll always be broke. Now all I need is a jail...

wetworx101- I'm making a trip to pep boys tommorow to see what I can scrounge up. If that doesn't work, I'll hit the swap meet this weekend. I wanna put chrome (plastic) trim round the fuge.

black mollies make lotsa babies, and they dun care whe with neither. Momas with sons, papas with grandaughtas. I know, they arent really saltwater, they can just live in it...but there in be the similarities.

Beyond that, I dig the tank. It really isnt too tres-ghetto (oops, that could be an insult, LOL)...yet

damn, black mollies (y they gotta be black?) are pretty skanky, trailer trash, like fish. Have you ever tried introducing them to SW? Can I just dump em in there and they'll be all like, "yo, wudup?" I once converted a green scat (took 8 hours of gradual salinity increase).

For the tank, I'm working on its ghetto-ness gradually. Now I don't feel the need to build or buy "nice looking" crap for the tank. I'll try to keep "mickey mousing" crap whenever they break.

Yo mrkrispy,

Hold up, gotta make a run to the liquor store.

-Its cool that no-one here is flaming me for how retarted this thread is... derrr..

Lemme take some macro shots of the dead rock....

Get some really nice algae going in there. Then maybe put in a big, ugly-ass hairy gorilla crab. He can be the guy who sits out in front of his house drunk, wearing a white tank top and yelling at the kids to shut the f*** up.

Oh wait, that's not ghetto-nano, that's trailer trash nano. :P

Yah, if you don't do the mollies Im'a break yer tank. Wiiiide open. The ghetto virtues of mollies are unparalled. You're gonna have to slowly convert them (don't know if eight hours is good or not, but ghetto rats love punishment otherwise why would they live in the ghetto?). Put in three and you'll have kids for days, no telling who the moms or pops is. You need to put in one blue damsel to act as the five-oh cos you know that popo'll set the whuppin to them black mollies the second they look wrong.

As acting landlord of the projects you gots to leave the lights all day every so often so they know who's in charge. Threaten them with no heat if they don't get rent in on time, but do it right after they've had their babies for maximum response. (My friend's a cop in Kansas City and he took the slumlord to jail for turning off water and electricity in this new mother's apartment.)

But approve permits for block parties only so you can make them stop after 15 minutes for noise violations.

Man I love the ghetto.

Archived