Top Shelf Aquatics

turbelle nanostreams

pico1

I just placed my pre-order for a pair of the 6025 tunze turbelle nanstream pumps from aquariumspecialty.com. They are scheduled to ship in late september and I got 2nd day shipping so I should have them pretty soon. I'll be sure to post pics, give my review, and answer any questions any one has once I get them. :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sketch on whether to drop the deposit or not. Is the late Sept. date set in stone? That 6045 has me drooling!

I just placed my pre-order for a pair of the 6025 tunze turbelle nanstream pumps from aquariumspecialty.com. They are scheduled to ship in late september and I got 2nd day shipping so I should have them pretty soon. I'll be sure to post pics, give my review, and answer any questions any one has once I get them. :D

I was talking to the tunze rep on rc.com and he said late september and that all the retailers will recieve them within a few day of each other. I figure that I'll get it faster by pre-ordering it since it will be shipped to me whenever it arrives. That way I don't have to check back every day in september to see if they came out and hope that they didn't sell out yet.

I'm still iffy. Anyone else want to chime in on the release debate?

I was talking to the tunze rep on rc.com and he said late september and that all the retailers will recieve them within a few day of each other. I figure that I'll get it faster by pre-ordering it since it will be shipped to me whenever it arrives. That way I don't have to check back every day in september to see if they came out and hope that they didn't sell out yet.

just talked to tunze rep (@ Austin)

he said the release date is scheduled for the last week of September to the first week of October, so we still have a good month to wait.

fyi:

6025 will push an 18 inch wall around 24 inches

6045 will push an 18 inch wall around 36 inches

and the controlable one will require a single/multi controller and can be adjusted to 2 different speeds ranging from 30% - 100% of its power.

6025 msrp $65

6045 msrp $95

fyi:

6025 will push an 18 inch wall around 24 inches

6045 will push an 18 inch wall around 36 inches

and the controlable one will require a single/multi controller and can be adjusted to 2 different speeds ranging from 30% - 100% of its power.

6025 msrp $65

6045 msrp $95

thanks for that!

Proraptor...did they ever come out with the new model of Seios that are designed to be used on a wavemaker??? I heard they where making one...present model does not work well with off and on electrical.

Izzue

Hi all, I just recently found out about these tunze pumps. I placed a pre-order for the 6045 for my 29 gal. Biocube. Now I'm wondering if it is too much pump for this tank and if I should go down in size to the 6025. Any suggestions is appreciated, Thanks

StrategicReef

Does it come with Mag mount?

Tunze's are DC powered motors and I definitely prefer that.. lower heat, power consumption with higher flow.

Does anyone know how the controller works, is it by PWM to vary duty cycle or control voltage, etc??

they all come with the magnet mounts.

basser1, you want the flow of your nanostream to be as close as possible to the flow of your return pump with the 2 flow outputs at oppsite ends of the tank pointing at each other.

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on this? Anyone know if the 6025 will work on a softstart wave maker? Would it be too much flow on a 30" long 20 gallon with a Seio 620 and my return (about 200gph) on the opposite end?

They said that you shound not use these on any wavemaker unless it is on intervals of 15 minutes or more. That is a good amount of flow. You may want to consider replacing the seio with a nanostream.

Well shoot! I was on the "other" reef site earlier today and now it looks as though these may not get to the dealers 'til late October. The rep. is saying he should have them around mid-October with dealers getting there's after that, so he's "guesstimating" late October.

Archived