ReefCleaners.org

Mantis Cult application

Argent

I'd like to officially declare myself a new member of the Cult of the Mantis Shrimp

I am on my way to the LFS where the owner is going to open the shop and GIVE me the two he scored out of his Bali live rock today.

Pics of course will follow as soon as I return with them

:lol::lol::lol:B)

Application in processing until proof is received. :)

Forgot to add that we won't be going into space unless a rare mantis has been discovered out there. :)

Back from the LFS -- the bigger one is brown with stripes and about 1.5" long -- the other one is electric green and about .75" long

The brown is visibly a basher - the electric green appears to be as well but it's size makes it hard to see.

both came as hitchikers on a load of Bali LR (and would have become Tang food had he not known I was looking for one)

Both are working their slow acclimation and pics will follow as soon as I offload them from my camera!

What a way to start off my weekend! Now if my 6 gallon tank would just show up....hehe

Oh and names will be determined later....

I know this is a bad pic, but it was the best I could get out of about 20 during acclimation. She's about 3/4" long.

greenmantis01.jpg

and this pic is much better -- she's about 1.5" long

brownmantis01.jpg

So I got a partial ID on the green one - Gonodactylellus, possibly G. affinis

And the second one is Haptosquilla trispinosa and it looks like she's as big as she'll get at 1.5"

nice pic! your lucky u can see your mantis

mine i hardly even see him hes in the rocks running around i only see him once and awhile...

lol im about to change my live rock so i can see him -_-

yeah this rock he's hanging out in -- has a couple holes every once in a while I can only see his tail because he turns around.

Ok I've decided to name them Boris and Natasha after the villans from Rocky and Bullwinkle! hee hee the brown one is Boris and the green one is Natasha.

I just heard Boris clacking away in his hole!

Archived