ReefCleaners.org

Help Design Me a Fuge

KMitch

I have a 1 gal tank that I have been toying with making completely awesome but I need the help of my local genius fish friends. If you look at this link 1 gal Pico you will see the tank I am modding. I alreay am making my LED light hood which is coming along nicely. I have considered using the mini filter the tank comes with or adding my own acrylic to the back of the tank to make a glue on back fuge/filter area.

i would probably cut down the back into a baffle and install a return in the main tank, but the rest is yet to be planned. Ideas? Help with my ideas? Am I better just using the mini filter this came with?

Here is what I was thinking. The back wall is 8.25" by 6.25"

design.bmp

I also dont know how deep I would need to make it, presumably only as deep as the pump that would be in it. Are there intake designs that wouldnt require me to drill baffles? Cutting a hole for a return is one thing... cutting baffles is quite another.

Please help!

You could just mod a HOB filter. Or make a simple HOB overflow siphon. I'll post a pic of one after I make it.

Also, skip the live sand and just use LR rubble. The sand will probbably end up just being a nitrate trap and it might get caught in your filter.

Archived