Innovative Marine Aquariums

charris18 Bad Seller

egdevilboy

egdevilboy

In early february i purchased a 12 gallon Nano cube from candice (charris18). She promised me it was professionally packaged by a UPS employee and that the tank would arrive in perfect condition.

When i received the tank it was completely broken/smashed on 2 of 4 sides. In response i contacted UPS and filed a complaint and they picked up the package to provide insurance for the $130 i spent on the tank.

Since then i have heard very little updates on Candices end. I contacted UPS and they told me the refund was issued a few months back. When i contacted charris18 about this she claimed she didnt hear anything (even though she had to file paperwork for the refund to be completed).

It has now been almost 4 months and Candice has taken vacation(s), started jobs, and did pretty much everything else life has to offer except refund me the $130 i paid her for a broken tank.

----

PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN BUYING/SELLING WITH CHARRIS18.

Hopefully one day she will find the decency to pay her debts and give me a refund of my $130.

[your beef should be with the shipper (UPS) not the seller. if it was properly packaged the seller did there job. remember you purchased a nanocube (that should speak for itself). file a claim with UPS and they will deal with you as you are the receipiant of the package. be very carefull about leaving a negative feedback towards sellers, beit here or ebay. it can end up making the purchaser look like the badguy (so to speak).

[your beef should be with the shipper (UPS) not the seller. if it was properly packaged the seller did there job. remember you purchased a nanocube (that should speak for itself). file a claim with UPS and they will deal with you as you are the receipiant of the package. be very carefull about leaving a negative feedback towards sellers, beit here or ebay. it can end up making the purchaser look like the badguy (so to speak).

From the post it sounds like UPS has already paid the seller for the damages and the seller is doing everything but dealing w/ the buyer.

I contacted UPS and they told me the refund was issued a few months back. When i contacted charris18 about this she claimed she didnt hear anything (even though she had to file paperwork for the refund to be completed).

It has now been almost 4 months and Candice has taken vacation(s), started jobs, and did pretty much everything else life has to offer except refund me the $130 i paid her for a broken tank.

egdevilboy

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Izzue expecially for his assistance. Its appreciated and i am doing all i can to stay in contact with the UPS store (with the tank) and candace (not to friendly judging by her last PM).

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...threadid=776222

My Ebay Feedback (Robbster85)

Thanks again everyone,

Robb

PSS: Im a business major so im a huge stickler for bad business.

dga,

If interested in reading the sellers last PM (few days ago) you would be worried about the seller; being that she recieves the refund check from UPS. Hopefully i can change that by talking to the UPS store that currently has the tank (and supposidely has for 4 months). I gotta call back tomorrow.

egdevilboy

"Today i recieved an email back from the UPS store she shipped from and their manager (Ben) said the following:

"hello rob this is Ben the manager here at the store and im sorry that this took so long, but i went round and round with UPS over this one. They at first said they weren't going to pay the claim. Then they said they would but they needed proof of value. I told Candace this and it took her a while to get an email that had been exchanged between the two of you as proof of value. I sent that in to UPS and they refund sent me a 100.00 dollar because the package was only insured for 100.00 thats all they will give. Candace picked that check up about 2 weeks ago now. You might want to be getting in contact with her. If I can do anything to help let me know. Sorry for all the incovenice. have a great day."

I dunno where to go from here. Shes now "on vacation" with my money.

Robb

egdevilboy

Yup, between me and another member we have called and left voice mails 4+ tmes; but, as expected, no return all.

Im not as worried about my $100 as i am another member having the buy something from this member.

This is why you ALWAYS purchase over the internet using a credit card. Credit card companies have no problems doing a charge back if the seller/company you purchase from is uresponsive and unfriendly.

Unfortunately, there is always going to be sellers whom do not feel like they have any responsibility towards the buyer.

Christopher

Man... It wasn't like this in the good old days of nano-reef.com. I have been member here for a long time, and it was really rare to see things like this happen. I think selling in classfied is a good way to exchange unwanted/wanted items amongst reefers. But with all these waves of dis-honetst people, we might have to give up selling/buying/trades amongst good friends in nr.com.

Man... It wasn't like this in the good old days of nano-reef.com. I have been member here for a long time, and it was really rare to see things like this happen. I think selling in classfied is a good way to exchange unwanted/wanted items amongst reefers. But with all these waves of dis-honetst people, we might have to give up selling/buying/trades amongst good friends in nr.com.

i agree. i NEVER used to see this stuff. i have seen 3 or 4 unsatisfied people in the past month! bummer. maybe there should be a minimum post count before you can start listing in the classified forums.

5/27/06

10sb1pj.jpg

Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had a feeling her concious would get to her...Maybe she will turn out to be honest and Pay-UP.

Reallly sad on her part for not being a honest person and taking advantage of someone...At this point it appears she has managed to pocket 130.00 + 100.00

REALLY Sad on her part.

Candace if your read this...cause Im not gonna bother to call seeing that you are screening your calls. PLEASE make amends on this deal for the sake of being a TRUE REEFER.

Izzue

Whats the return address listed on the box? The Nano Reef "family" can't allow this injustice to dirty our name, and we can send someone over to "break a few legs", if you know what I mean.... ;)

egdevilboy

LoL she was smart and used a UPS Store.

You're right Izzue, she not only made off with my $130 she also has UPSs $100.

Im gonna try calling UPS see if they can do a stop check and let me get what i deserve.

Kellie in CA

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble. I have had an eBay store for years and I am always amazed at what people try to get away with. I can't believe that some people have no problem stealing from others and don't feel the least bit bad about it. How did you pay her? Paypal has protection for purchases gone wrong even if the transaction was not through eBay. Good Luck! :)

• 3 weeks later...

eVILBOY

Did you ever get any resolution with Charris???

Shes still playing peek a boo... last on yesterday!!!!!! 06-15-2006

Izzue

A solution to this next time would be to contact the seller, have them start a private eBay auction and invite you only, and pay via PayPal. At least then, you have some recourse.

You might want to remind the seller that mail fraud is a federal crime.

So is insurance fraud if done from another state.

• 2 weeks later...
I did a whitepages.com search for a Candice Harris near Richland Missippi (within 7 miles)- the search results came up with:

Candice Harris

xxxx Hicksxxx Rd

xxxx, xxxx 39xx5

(xxx) xxx-xxx

I hate con artists.

With only one side of the story (even though it is obvious what happened in this case) You really have no right to give out a persons address publicly.

You were not even the one ripped off. I hope you get punched in the face in the near future.

xoxo-ebin

With only one side of the story (even though it is obvious what happened in this case) You really have no right to give out a persons address publicly.

You were not even the one ripped off. I hope you get punched in the face in the near future.

xoxo-ebin

Careful Ebin...all it takes is getting your real name posted on the "Good ole boys club"...you might find yourself wishing all that happened was a punch to the face...lol

Also...be nicer that was Crazytowns 1st post as a Local reefer...probably thought he was helping and didnt mean any harm by using personal info...unfortunately I have had the pleasure of meeting Charis18 and feel really bad about what she as done.

I have given her multiply chances to call or Pm any side of this story that would help clear her......havent heard a word. So that really makes me sad cause it leaves only the option that she stiffed the guy for a conclusion, and it this point is not gonna make it right.

Izzue

Archived