Pod Your Reef

Hawaiian Red Shrimp

adinsxq

yeah.

i hear mandarins eat them, but that's not confirmed.

anyway.. i've got two people interested; anyone else?

Yeah I kept some in a 1 gallon nano until they just withered away. I know in a fish store in Kailua-Kona they were selling 12 for like $5 or so. I don't know how much they go for now, but that was 3 years ago. Good luck.

I need to get some of their red ogo macro algae - how much of the shipping charge will it cost me? I've ordered from them before for the red shrimp and algae and I think the shipping cost was the same. I'm in SoCal and could pick it up from you.

Thanks,

Stan

bluenassarius
Any updates on your order? I can;t seem to find any stores in SoCal with red OGO lately. Must be seasonal.

:huh:

if you can wait, i'm growing out some red ogo

• 5 months later...

i thought you guys might like to know that i found out these shrimp are NOT captive raised as they are stated to be on ocean rider. the company owns the pools the shrimp live in, capture them and sell them. since they are on private land the wording is totally legit. they are captive (owned) and raised (breed).

i wanted to buy them from ocean rider because they wouldnt effect wild populations since the populations are threatened if not endangered (im not sure if they are endangered yet).

so, just some really suprising info!

• 1 month later...

Archived