Cultivated Reef

2.5 AGA Update with pics!

Brooklyn

Hello, its been over a month since I started my 2.5 pico tank. I have attached some pictures of where its at now. My digital camera is not too great though. Also, I plan to upgrade this tank to a 10 gallon, because I'd like more space, and my 2.5 has a crack in the corner that I dont feel too comforable about. I do plan to keep some of my 2.5 stuff to make a 2.5 dwarf seahorse tank, but thats another thread for another time. Please post any comment/concerns about the system, as I am still a beginner. Also, what do you think of the little brown polyps on the live rock with the kenya tree? Good, bad..?

Thanks!

post-19039-1143512126_thumb.jpg

post-19039-1143512135_thumb.jpg

THose look like the bad type of polyps. A better pic would be great. But they do look like the bad type.

-Oscar

brent-konieczny

definately aiptasia. BTW how do you like that nimble cleaner. Is it easy to get around corners without it falling off?

After closer inspection I decided it must be be aptasia, its not brown polyps. I removed it today. I love the nimble nano cleaner, its perfect for me tank. It gets around corners well and I have only dropped it a couple times. I was always able to pick it up again using the magnet, I've never had to put my hand in the water to pick it up.

definately aiptasia. BTW how do you like that nimble cleaner. Is it easy to get around corners without it falling off?

I LOVE my nimble! i suggest getting one you won't be disappointed.

nice tank can't wait to see more in it.

• 4 weeks later...

(I decided to just continue the thread here rather than try to switch forums...)

Also, I was wondering about feeding my clown goby. I feed him a small amount of frozen mysis shrimp everyday. He gets about 3-4 shrimp. I do see him hunting around for food often. Also, I got a "red reef crab" from an lfs, but I can seem to find any information on him. Right now he just hides around, but I will try to get a picture when he is out. He kind of looks like an orange "fiddler", but with no large claw(none at the store had large claws). Also, should I be trying to feed the baby torch coral?

Thanks!

aghldlgh;hl!!! I just caught my "red reef crab" in the act of tearing apart my GSP. Looks like he's going back to the lfs tomorrow. So much for being "reef safe."

Quick picture update. The bottom is dirty, and my xenia looks crappy, and some of my new zoa's aren't open yet... but it looks decent otherwise. :happy:

post-19039-1146802771_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived