Top Shelf Aquatics

my new 2.5gal pico (56k bewear)

mantis_man

I been waiting to take pics of my nano. it is an 2.5gal with stand and canopy total it is about 30'' tall. the setup is as the fallowing. and yes i dont take the greatest pics.

AGA 2.5g tank - drilled w/ bulk head and stand pipe

AGA 2.5g sump - baffles already in place

Stand and canopy

Retro 2 X 9 installed in canopy w/ parabolic reflector and bulbs

- also has a switch so you can burn one or both bulbs

PH for return - tested lots of pumps and PH. This one was perfect

7w 6700k PC refugium light w/ reflector

50w heater

Sanders Piccolo skimmer

right now i have 6lbs lr in the tank and 3 in the fuge.the skimmer is a sanders skimmer. the air pump is a aqua culture air pump. the air stione is an coral life it came with 2 of them and this lil thing that you put in it for 3.99. the return pump is an POWERHEAD 301 i forgot the brand lol. I have it half way openon the pump. Im not sure of the GPH of the tank but the flow is pretty good. I love the skimmer it took like an hour to get the air stone adjusted like how far to put it in the tube. But now it works super. Ill be adding corals next month from an coral auction. The tank is ready for fish. i took the sand, rock, and water from my 55gal reef. any ideas on what corals and fish to put in it. I know a fish isnt the greatest thing in it so i was thinking like 6 sexy shrimp of maybe just maybe an goby/pistol pair.

~Brian

post1411371230663rz.jpg

post1411371231107zm.jpg

aut05531br.jpg

aut05542gh.jpg

aut05550qi.jpg

aut05580tn.jpg

aut05596sp.jpg

With blues on only...

aut05633qh.jpg

And with a doller on it so you can see the size even tho you prob do already.

aut05640nv.jpg

Looks nice, I like the small tank / sump combo. Are you going to put in a SCWD for the return line so you can have alternating current? That would be nice. You can also try hiding your standpipe by attaching liverock to a eggcrate skeleton - or if you are not against using foam, just superglue on a bit more eggcrate and spray the entire standpipe for a nice structure in the middle with no visible hardware (you can leave the bottom and back open on the structure so flow is not reduced.)

nahh i wont be doing a SCWD. I was thinking about fish today. I added some corals. Shrooms (bulls eye and spotted) Zoas (safe crakers and PPEs) and a sun coral with three heads on it lol. Now how would a yahshia goby do in the tank. It would be all by itself my lfs is crazy. 59.99 for the goby 69.99 for the goby and a super blood red pistol (unpaired) 110$ for a goby/pistol (paired) And thats alot of money. i was thinking about sexy shrimp but at 20.00 a pop thats alot lol. Then i was looking at panda gobys witch are super cute. What do you guys think. To fish or not to fish lol. I really love yahshia gobys also and is my sand bed deep nuff for them? The only good thing about my lfs is they has a 3day guarantee.

~Brian

• 2 weeks later...

yea lots of updates, ill get some new pics up tomm. I ended up getting a mantis shrimp. N.wenn a smaller type of mantis that gets 2.5'' long. This is number 4. I have 3 outher mantis shrimps also. I got some corals with it. Zoas,shrooms, and a small SPS that does great under PC. Fragged it from my 55gal lol. I got the skimmer from my lfs for 8$ and works great.

~Brian

Archived