Innovative Marine Aquariums

If you had to pick between Instant Ocean and Oceanic salt

scatcat

Oceanic vs Instant Ocean  

48 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to pick between Instant Ocean and Oceanic salt

• Oceanic
    • Instant Ocean

I voted for my favorite between those two, but if you can find it, I would recommend the Tropic Marin Reef salt. I know Fosters & Smith carries it if you have the option of ordering...

f you had to pick between Instant Ocean and Oceanic salt which would you pick. Vote please I need experience here!

f you!!! :P

I like Reef Crystals just because it was on sale.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

there the only 2 salts my lfs carry also.

i've been using i.o for the last 15 months without any major problems. so my vote is i.o. cause oceanic has let me down in the past.

i keep bugging the lfs in the area to stock other salts, but they all swear by i.o.

I know that Seachem has a reef salt that is supposable designed with the appropriate levels of calcium, strontium, PH buffers, etc; anyone have success with this salt?

Ok then this is good information here. I'm going with Instant Ocean. I've heard oceanic disolves better but I'm not as concerned about that as I am getting the right mixture of minerals.

Thanks

Scatcat

I used IO for a while, cuz I could get it cheaper, but I had a lot of alge problems. When I swiched to oceanic, the problems lessened. Also, it does disolve rather nicely...

coraldynamics

I use a combination of IO and Oceanic. Roughly 60/40 (IO/Oceanic) Keep in mind this is a large system (400+ gallons) and I change about 10% a week.

Oceanic tanks are great. Oceanic stands are great. Oceanic is a great company.

But skip the salt. Go with IO, or even better, Tropic Marin.

grim

i have IO it works perfect...or close to it..so im sticking with it!!!

Archived