Coral Vue Hydros

REAL glass thickness of Aquapod!

dga

Where is the correct information coming from as far as the glass thickness of the aqua pod 12 gallon? the picture and description on nanotuners site (for example)(which is from the actual box description) does not detail the thickness of the tank. only to say it uses high quality glass. other sites have the description typed out via (probably the web master or person in control of web site description) where it mentions the 5mm glass thickness. did the individual actually know this thickness? and was it for the 24 gallon and also the 12 gallon? as i could not find a web site for current usa or its parent company, i wonder where this information on glass thickness came from. if someone who has purchased a 12 gallon allready, maybe they can view over the box it came in and verify if it does have the actual glass thickness printed on the box.

i found the below as examples:

nanotuners description

pet solutions description

marine and reef description

seatech aquariums description

aquatic hobby aquarium supply description

As you can see from these web sites, they all vary some what in there descriptions. it appears that much information was taken from the actual box. but unless as a distributer of current usa products in which they may have had a detailed description of the product to be listed on there web site from the manufacturer, there again my question is where did the EXACT ACTUAL information come from concerning glass thickness.

to replace my 2005 model 12 gallon 3mm thick nanocube with a 2006 4 mm would be preferable (as the hood and lighting can be interchangable). than to buy a aquapod if in fact there offering is only 3 or 4mm thick. again anyone with actual data please post

edited.... thanks to devilboy for the link below.

current usa description

Where is the correct information coming from as far as the glass thickness of the aqua pod 12 gallon? the picture and description on nanotuners site (for example)(which is from the actual box description) does not detail the thickness of the tank. only to say it uses high quality glass. other sites have the description typed out via (probably the web master or person in control of web site description) where it mentions the 5mm glass thickness. did the individual actually know this thickness? and was it for the 24 gallon and also the 12 gallon? as i could not find a web site for current usa or its parent company, i wonder where this information on glass thickness came from. if someone who has purchased a 12 gallon allready, maybe they can view over the box it came in and verify if it does have the actual glass thickness printed on the box.

i found the below as examples:

nanotuners description

pet solutions description

marine and reef description

seatech aquariums description

aquatic hobby aquarium supply description

As you can see from these web sites, they all vary some what in there descriptions. it appears that much information was taken from the actual box. but unless as a distributer of current usa products in which they may have had a detailed description of the product to be listed on there web site from the manufacturer, there again my question is where did the EXACT ACTUAL information come from concerning glass thickness.

to replace my 2005 model 12 gallon 3mm thick nanocube with a 2006 4 mm would be preferable (as the hood and lighting can be interchangable). than to buy a aquapod if in fact there offering is only 3 or 4mm thick. again anyone with actual data please post

edited.... thanks to devilboy for the link below.

current usa description

Tonight I'm gonna measure the thickness with a micrometer and post the measurements

I'll have a 24g soon ( I got put on the back-orded list ) It should be in by this week it got delaid and stuff it was the distibutar my LFS used I dont have a camra but I do have the tools to measure it properly like puppypr does I'll let you know too.

do we have a rep from current in these forums?

-I was looking forward to an aquapod section (have not checked the vote tally).-

I'd like to hear the info straight from the horse's mouth.

"Thick high quality glass," insinuates a comparison to the nanocube. my guess is that it is 5mm or thicker.

Archived