Coral Vue Hydros

Removing canopy from Aquapod 12G?

puppypr

Ok people, does anyone have and idea how to remove the Aquapod 12G canopy/hood? It seems that it can’t be done. I started to mod the Pod with the retrofit kits from Nanotuners, 2 kits of 2x24 PC lights. It would be easier if I just could take the top off.

(Click on thumbnail for more details)

th_6c514_IMG_0526.jpg

Happy Holidays

Hey Puppy

I havent done this on a production version, so it may be slightly different.

You want to open the lid to 90 degrees. Then you will want to manipulate or push on the canopy down, then up, kinda like a "U" shape. In my experience with the preproduction versions, this is what I did to take it off.

HTH

Chris

Argh! Looks like they copied the hinge pin design of the Nano Cube! :angry:

Do yourself a favor once you get it off. Dremel or file the "hooks" on the back of the tank the pins fit into. It will make it easier to get off next time.

As to the squeak. Once you get the hood off, put a small coat of Chapstik on the pins.

i tried taking the hood off and i dont see how it will come off..... i pushed down then out and up like a "u" and the hinges are solid in back.

Yep, exactly my problem, they look kind of soldered. Damn! I will see if I can Dremel the thing to take it of but keep the hinges functionality.

hey puppy were you able to get the hood off at all?

also do you have your lights on seperate timers? i have mine on 2 seperate timers, actinics set at 8:30a, and 10ks set at 9:30a but at 8:30 my 10k and actinics both come on. :huh: i dont understand. its driving me mad.

hey puppy were you able to get the hood off at all?

also do you have your lights on seperate timers? i have mine on 2 seperate timers, actinics set at 8:30a, and 10ks set at 9:30a but at 8:30 my 10k and actinics both come on. :huh: i dont understand. its driving me mad.

No, I can't take the hood of.

Well, right now I'm in the modding phase of my Aquapod, I took it apart and didn't test if the lights were ok (dumb of my part).

The live wires (black wire) they go from the AC power cord to a wiring cap in where they are all wired toghether (Actinic and Daylight), the neutral wire (white wires) go directly to each switch and then to the ballast.

th_9f964_IMG_0523.jpg

I will try to check that timer ploblen in my house tonight, I can't remember the exact wiring layout.

• 2 months later...

Archived