ReefCleaners.org

10g with sump/fuge within (3d diagram)

RP Beesh

i'm planning to setup a 10g aga with a sump/fuge in it. here the diagram. it is to scale

i'm planning to use 1/8" acrylic for the false wall. a maxi-jet 1200 for the return put and i calculate the head lost to be about 230 gph. do your thing that would be enough for a flowertank?

01sump_455202.jpg

01sump2.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

230gph after head loss is plenty. its a little over 10x water exchange an hour.

wish i had the computer skills you have, my doodles/tank plans look like chicken scratches. lol

killa set up.

can your tell me the dimension for the mag2,3,5 beacuse they are the same size but different motor? from the base to the tip of the outtake of water and from top to the tip if the intake of water? so i would know if i can put a mag in the sump section that is 3x5

marine depot has all the dimensions you need. by the way, which position are you going to display this tank in?

i'm going to put the tank on my countertop in my dinning room

is the sump design ok?

ok i find out the dimension of the mag3 its is (L x W x H): 5.0" x 3.8" x 4.2" is the is the lenght from input tip to end and

DN1121.jpg

what is the lenght width and the hight?

i just finish my setup for blue led light. this is nothing to do with setting up moonlight effect but just leave it on for an hour after my 32x2watt turn off so i can view it at night. find it in target for 12 buck and it have 60 blue led light.

light3.jpg

light.jpg

light2.jpg

That's a lot of moonlights. I think most people get by with 2 to 4 LED's. But hey, if it works, it works (there are always dimmers).

Looks like a hefty canopy as well. Just make sure your ballasts and lights will be able to be vented.

For the sump refugium area I'd raise the fuge area baffles to at least the same height. I'd also raise them up more too. Remember* that those fuge baffles determine how much of a waterfall you have when the water flows over the surface skimmer. Some noise issues to consider there.

There's also the question of if your small area for your surface skimmer is going to be able to take the flow of a mag3 in (water level issue). You might put a flow restricter on the pump just in case.

Looks cool.

You aren't really going to be having much of any head loss. So the return pump is up to you (I think the MJ would add less heat though). It'll also depend on how you want to split up the flow (Y's) or if there are any added powerheads for turbulance.

Wow, what program are you using for the blueprints? Awesome idea for a tank, however, 60 LED's can produce alot of light. Are you sure its not to much for a moon light?

Wow, what program are you using for the blueprints? Awesome idea for a tank, however, 60 LED's can produce alot of light. Are you sure its not to much for a moon light?

i'm useing tubocad. and the led is just for my enjoyment as a way to view my tank for an hour after the main light is off.

do you think i can set this up with no sand on the display area? i'm planning to have about 25-40lb LR. and i will put about 2"of sand in my fuge. do you think this setup will be ok in term of filteration?

just finish my wood work

top11.jpg

top3.jpg

top_560101_original.jpg

side.jpg

front_473798.jpg

back_14393.jpg

know im stuck i dont know if i should stain it or just paint it. i know how to paint but dont know how to stain

final got my tank that im going to use.

this is the metrial i'm going to use for my false wall cost $5. i got this in the office supply area.

111.jpg

222.jpg

333.jpg

444.jpg

555.jpg

666.jpg

777.jpg

888.jpg

what are some good fish that like to swim alot and not hide under rock?

do you think a maxi jet 1200 would be fine for a return pump?

do i need to put sand in the fuge?

Archived