SaltCritters.com

Thoughts on Cross' damsel in pico?

jmorris

PMCNeogliphydodonmelasj1.jpg

The LFS I work got a group of these beautiful little guys in, and I can't help but wonder how a single individual might fair in my 2.5 gallon sps pico contest tank. I know it will eventually get 3-4" in length, and turn to a drab brown fish, but the ones we have in are about 1/2" now. I have the ability to take the fish out (the aquascaping consists primarily of one huge LR chunk with all the corals mounted to it), and take it back tot he LFS as soon as it gets a little too big for this tank.

Anybody know how soon they loose their juvi. coloration and turn drab? How fast do they grow given an ample food supply? How do you think it will tolerate the turbulent flow of the tank? Do you think I could still put a Trimma or Evota goby in with it?

I understand the controversy of the "move it out when it gets too big" strategy, and I am open to reasons why I shouldn't choose this fish, but if you do not have anything useful to say, please don't say anything at all.

Thanks,

Jared

I'm the same guy as reefer9391

mabye use that or a pur firefish for your pic of the contest but I would take him back after that i would put anything in a 2.5g

Archived