inTank Media Baskets

Sebea's & Pili's new sps

Sebea

We added some new frags last weekend as well as this morning.

Some shots of our new sps:

Leng Sy Monti Cap

NewSPS%20001.jpg

NewSPS%20002.jpg

Shawn Bennet Tort

NewSPS%20003.jpg

A. Formosa?

NewSPS%20006.jpg

Large Blue Acro

NewSPS%20005.jpg

Blue Tenius

NewSPS%20010.jpg

Blue Staghorn

NewSPS%20009.jpg

Some type of blue acro

NewSPS%20007.jpg

??

NewSPS%20008.jpg

:D

We added some new frags last weekend as well as this morning.

Some shots of our new sps:

Leng Sy Monti Cap

NewSPS%20001.jpg

NewSPS%20002.jpg

Shawn Bennet Tort

NewSPS%20003.jpg

A. Formosa?

NewSPS%20006.jpg

Large Blue Acro

NewSPS%20005.jpg

Blue Tenius

NewSPS%20010.jpg

Blue Staghorn

NewSPS%20009.jpg

Some type of blue acro

NewSPS%20007.jpg

??

NewSPS%20008.jpg

:D

Nice sps

Hmmm, I like blue, so purty.

There are a coulple other blue ones, a couple pink ones, a tricolor, a few greens. My brother just happened to take pictures of the blue ones. ;)

Nice looking SPS!!! What kind of lights are you running? I also have the Leng Sy cap and it's not showing the same colors as yours. I have 250W Phoenix 14K. Thanks.

Lights are 250w AB 20k. Just got the frag in the mail from low tide today though so i hope that the color stays. My new T-5 fixture is coming on tuesday though and i will be switching to that.

lol. First post I see, WELCOME to Nano-Reef!!!

29g? What about the 15g? Did i miss something?

Thanks I have twenty sorry for posting all of those pics

Yeah, I know :lol:. I have tried everything to get rid of it! No other problems with any other type of algea, accept caulerpa and the valonia. Any ideas?

steelreef: Sorry, about what? I was talking about Travis' tank actually but seeing as you mentioned it, why dont you post some pics of your twenty?

I got rid of mine when I changed tanks. I basically went over every piece of rock and used a pair of tweezers to pick out every bubble and all other nuisance algae. I haven't seen anything else come back yet, partly due to the fact that my system has a lot less nutrients now than before since I am skimming really aggressive now. Unfortunately, there is really no other way to do it. I have tried emerald crabs withe some success. The first couple ate most of the bubble but then they mysteriously died. The next emerald crab didn't touch any of the remaining bubble algae. Go figure.

Yeah, I know :lol:. I have tried everything to get rid of it! No other problems with any other type of algea, accept caulerpa and the valonia. Any ideas?

steelreef: Sorry, about what? I was talking about Travis' tank actually but seeing as you mentioned it, why dont you post some pics of your twenty?

Sorry about that, i am really new. I'll post some pics of my tank asap!!

no problem steelreef, looking foward to those pics :)

Thanks maeda! Got to let them grow enough to split them between my brother and I first. He gets a bunch of my zoa frags so I get a couple of his SPS frags ;)

Maeda,

Once they can be fragged, we'll def. send you some! Just remind me. :D

no problem steelreef, looking foward to those pics :)

Thanks maeda! Got to let them grow enough to split them between my brother and I first. He gets a bunch of my zoa frags so I get a couple of his SPS frags ;)

I have a similar arrangement with my dad. I grow the frags, and he gets freebies for letting me borrow 200 bucks.

I'll definetly remind you Sebea! I gotta make sure those sweet sweet SPS don't brown out first. I need to conduct more SPS experiments(so far its just a monti cap that seems ok).

On a side note

I think it's cute you two enjoy the same hobby! I don't really get along with my brother. I would build him a tank in a heartbeat if he wanted though...

We are pretty close to the same age so it makes it a little easier.

Ah that would...

My g/f is my aquarium buddy.

She can't keep her grubby hands out of any of my tanks though.

:angry:

Also, our Dad passed down the hobby to both of us. I have to admit though, Pili dragged me into reefing.

Hah!

My grandpa did it to me. He moved into my house a while back and brought a 55 gallon full of weird guppies and an oscar he found. After that summer I went back up to LA and bought a fish tank. My dad saw my tank and started the hobby up again after quitting for a while. I came back home the next summer and saw his tank and wanted to start a salty tank too.

You two aren't posting from the same house different rooms are you?

Archived