inTank Media Baskets

LampDr.'s 250 watt hqi pendant system REVIEW!

kinetic

250 Watt HQI w/ 14k Pheonix 250 Watt Bulb

250 ARO ballast

Black pendant with UV tempered glass

Status: I'm selling this because it's too powerful for my tank! I will be getting a 70watt from him instead. If you're interested, I definately recommend this. I'm selling it here: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=67021

attachment.php?s=&postid=550087

attachment.php?s=&postid=550089

The pendant came professionally packed from LampDr. (illuming.com) at a special price on nano-reef.com. The light was very bright, and after about a minute of warming up, a very nice blue color came out from the light. The pendant stayed cool, and the reflector definately covered a great deal of the tank, if not more.

Packaging: Very professional

Customer Service: He responded promptly (there was a hurricane and he still was able to get back to me within 24 hours). He also shipped the lighting to me quickly, 3rd day air, since it was taking awhile for the glass to finish. Very nice guy. I am getting another kit from him soon.

Pendant: The pendant is black, and very sleek. The edges are rounded, the corners are a bit sharp though from the bend, but it looks very clean cut. The UV glass, however, slides out really easily, and I almost dropped it on the floor the first time, so you have to be careful with that. If he had some sort of lock / unlock mechanism, that'd be awesome. Otherwise the glass is very high quality.

Fan: The fan is very quiet, and keeps everything cool. There's also another vent on the other side of the pendant to keep air flowing.

Reflector: SUCH GOOD REFLECTION! Top notch, it could easily cover a 4 foot tank.

Hanging hooks: it has very sturdy hooks to hang the pendant with.

Wiring: perfectly wired ballast etc. Absolutely no complaints. The power cord was also long enough.

Bulb: Pheonix 14k hqi bulb. Very nice blue color! Very bright. Starts off a bit purple but then settles to a really nice blue tinted color. I loved it.

Problems: Just a bit too powerful for my taste. It lit up my living room too much for me. I will be getting a 70watt for my setup instead.

Thanks!!!

Archived