Coral Vue Hydros

Urchin Pump upgrade works killer, rio 2100

NEVER SATISFIED REFFER

NEVER SATISFIED REFFER

ok I took off the mj1200 and the barbed fitting that came with the skimmer, then screwed in a 1/2" to 3/4" fitting, then added a 3/4" pipe, and then took a 3/4" ID hose, stuck one end in boiling water for a few minutes to get it soft so i could get it to fit over the 3/4" ID pipe, ran that to the pump.

Now i have to set the cup as high as it goes, once i plugged it in it took less than a half hour and as u see in the photos "WE'S GOT MEGA FOAM IN D`A HOUSE!"

i REALLY DON'T Expect a dark dry foam, I just don't believe you can get that without a needle wheel skimmer. Or if u can u must have a large bioload. Anyway for now im happy, till I can buy a euro-reef.LOL

So what do yall think????

myreef1096.jpg

myreef1088.jpg

myreef1092.jpg

NEVER SATISFIED REFFER

well the only way i see that doing anything is u would have to provide some type of venturi, air needs to be sucked into the needle wheel for it to chop the air bubbles.

My cousin did that lgreen. He removed the nozzle/injector assembly, and replaced it with open unrestricted plumbed PVC. He put a sedra 3500 on the bugger...wow. Lots o bubbles!

NEVER SATISFIED REFFER

ok its been 21 hrs later, here is how much foam i have...almost a full cup!!! it took me 5 days to get this much foam with the mj1200!!! next im going to use my dremel and install a drain in the cup.

DSCN0023.jpg

Archived