inTank Media Baskets

Current Project - 50g Prop Tank

Tigahboy

Just want to share some pics of a current project - acrylic 50g. It's going to be a LPS-specific holding tank. Dims are 48x20x12 and socalcreations.com (of course) made the tank for me. Black acrylic back. 4 holes for returns via 1/2" bulkheads and 1 corner hole for 1-1/2" bulkhead-overflow.

Here's a couple of pics. Just finished part of the manifold-style return plumbing. Sexy black pvc (well, for some of it at least).

50gprop1.jpg

50gprop2.jpg

I'll post more pics as the tank progresses.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Tigahboy

It's going to be a LPS-specific holding tank.

Awwwww...

Make it SPS frag tank!!

Very nice though!

p.o.t.u.s. - you are a true reefer. hehe. good luck w/ your first year of law!

oogie - the SPS prop will be the next project. ;)

Thanks everyone for feedback.

Blue Foam Mat as usual, but also put a black plastic sheet to make the bottom black for top-down contrast.

50gprop5.jpg

And I even got black eggcrate! so hot.

50gprop10.jpg

Used some spare PVC parts to make an extension attachment for my RO/DI dispensing unit...no more filling w/ buckets! yay!

50gprop6.jpg

50gprop7.jpg

50gprop8.jpg

Using a Blueline (~1100 gph) as return pump. Thanks oogie for selling it to me! =)

50gprop9.jpg

That's all for now. Gotta start transferring stuff over now. And make another trip to home depot...that's the 5th in the past 2 days. =P

Peace.

Tigahboy,

Another very sweet looking setup! I like all your tanks...they represent so much thought and detail dedicated to them. Excellent job!

Started to transfer over the LPS...but I needed a break (been workin on this tank straight since 8PM last night)...

So pic of the partial transfer...

50gprop15.jpg

Very nice Job, two questions:

Are you liking that light now that you havr been fiddling with it? I am torn between the 4 bulb 36 inch model and the light that lgreen has.

Where'd you get the black eggcrate?

Keith

Archived