Innovative Marine Aquariums

pest or no?

v_dubb_it_up

v_dubb_it_up

I just put my live rock in about a day ago. I have already noticed lots of pods, and some small hermits, but also these wierd worm, jelly fish looking things. They are about the size of a grain of rice, transparent white, and flat. They seem to love crawling all over my little hermits. The hermits seem to be disturbed by this and was wondering if these are anything to worry about? Is there any other creatures that may appear that i should watch out for? Thanks!

do a search on flatworms....from what I've read, the white (or clear) ones aren't harmful for the most part....the red ones eat zoos. I think it's always good to know what you've got, but since you don't have any corals in there yet, don't panic....

v_dubb_it_up

sort of looked like that except they were oval shaped (like a grain of rice), and also they did not have any sort of colour in the middle of them. Same overall colour though.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but what exactly is that a picture of that I posted? I have those in my 12G NC and they never bother anything. I'll see one occasionally sliding on the glass. Just curious.

• 3 months later...
masterbuilder

Like a zombie...this thread wont die. Can anyone ID the flatworm looking creature that Halfpint posted the pic of about 1/2 way up the page? I have a few too and wonder if I should worry or are they are reef safe?

Mark

reefkidsclownfish
Sorry to revive an old thread, but what exactly is that a picture of that I posted? I have those in my 12G NC and they never bother anything. I'll see one occasionally sliding on the glass. Just curious.

it could be a 2 legged french fry? ok, but for real, i don't know what it is, sorry.

GRRRRRR....I'd like to know what that alienated looking creature is too. I just discovered one the other night, in fear that it was a flatworm.

Archived