Pod Your Reef

Where to get extra LED light strip for BC 3.0?

hirschy75

So I have the new Coralife BioCubes that offer extra space for more LED light strips but I have no idea where I can buy one. Any idea where I could find one? Their website seems pointless...

TeflonTomDosh
So I have the new Coralife BioCubes that offer extra space for more LED light strips but I have no idea where I can buy one. Any idea where I could find one? Their website seems pointless...

Check ecoxotic.com. they'll probably have somethin that fits

They're serving as moonlights, just figured another 3 in there wouldn't hurt and might look a little cooler

About 6" long tho so I think the pros would be much to long for them

TeflonTomDosh
They're serving as moonlights, just figured another 3 in there wouldn't hurt and might look a little cooler

About 6" long tho so I think the pros would be much to long for them

Yep, shortest strip they make is 12".

Here's a link to my tank w/ an excerpt. I can't tell if the LEDs are just moonlighting or actual legit LEDs

Popular "all-in-one" system boasts NEW design compatible with existing Oceanic BioCube accessories. Quality construction and setup ease offer freshwater or reef hobbyists a smart choice. Compact fluorescent lamps and updated Lunar Blue LED Bar features integrated ballasts for independent control. Dual fans and redesigned cooling system enhance ventilation while higher flow rate pump circulates water filtered by bio-ball wet/dry filtration system and signature 2-stage filter cartridge. Curved glass front affords clear, panoramic aquarium views for complete aquarium enjoyment.

Comprehensive aquarium lighting system includes a 10,000K Daylight and a true Actinic 03 Blue compact fluorescent straight pin lamp PLUS new Lunar Blue LED Bar. Modular design allows additional LED Bars to be installed for amazing LED illumination that beautifully accentuates aquarium inhabitants.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...fm?pcatid=24537

Seems to be a .75W bar, not sure how great that is lol. This LED #### is so foreign to me :/

little_feesh

I've been searching the web since I ordered my new BC 14 (which everything should be here by the middle of next month). I went ahead and emailed coralife about it, I'll update as soon as I hear back from them. I even thought at one point that it was a universal adapter, I was wrong.

I've been searching the web since I ordered my new BC 14 (which everything should be here by the middle of next month). I went ahead and emailed coralife about it, I'll update as soon as I hear back from them. I even thought at one point that it was a universal adapter, I was wrong.

I have been looking for the last week for these strips. I don't think they are available to buy yet.

little_feesh

Straight from the email:

"I’m sorry but there was a packaging snafu but the extra LED strips should be to retailers by the end of the month.

We do apologize for the delay."

Does anyone know if the white ones will help with coral, I guess it cant hurt.

Straight from the email:

"I’m sorry but there was a packaging snafu but the extra LED strips should be to retailers by the end of the month.

We do apologize for the delay."

Does anyone know if the white ones will help with coral, I guess it cant hurt.

Good to hear

Yeah I'm not sure how beneficial those wil be, rather than just switching to the panorama pros

Good to hear

Yeah I'm not sure how beneficial those wil be, rather than just switching to the panorama pros

Also glad to hear. I have been trying to find these!

I wonder if it will help with any coral growth. I think they will have a blue, white and green?

If anyone gets these and uses them, please do post a review!

• 1 month later...
I will have them in on Friday

Do they have enough par to grow more than what the stock pc tubes can do? are they just accent / moon lighting? Might want to save your cash for a more powerful led upgrade. Depending on what you plan on stocking of course. Hopefully people won't think they can start growing sps and clams with these LEDs. Alto being the exception.

They are accent LEDs, if anyone thinks they will be able to grow SPS with these they need to do more reading on N-R

biocube-led-bars.png

Archived