ReefCleaners.org

Crazylegs' 2.5g AIO Office Pico

Crazylegs

Long time lurker, first time poster. This is my favorite site though cuz you people crack me up!!! –

To the task at hand--So I built this tank over a year ago, but shelved it while I waited for permission to set it up in my cube at work. After twisting a few nipples around here, I went ahead and set it up a couple of weeks ago. It is cycling now while I wait for goodies to arrive. It is an AGA 2.5 gallon with 1/3 of its capacity built into a two chamber flow through filter. So I guess that makes the display about 1.67 gallons. One chamber is intended for rubble and cheato, the other houses a return pump and potentially a float switch. Lighting and ATO still need fabrication.

Equipment so far

2.5g AGA aquarium w/ glass lid

Rio + 200 return pump

AGA 50w heater

Planned

2 rb & 1 nw cree led’s driven by dimmable buckpuck (on the way)

Aqualifter pump and float switch for ATO

Livestock Plans

LPS mostly

Maxi mini

Sexy shrimp(s) or porcelain crab

A grazing snail or two

On with the pics!

1332873110363.jpg

1332863310268.jpg

1332856199242.jpg

1332856179024.jpg

1332855721510.jpg

1332855707076.jpg

dallasprstn

looking good! make sure you post a link to your thread on the contest thread, that way you will be officially entered! I'll add you to the list now though!

Dallas. :happy:

Done. Thanks Dallas!

@got2envy- Sandeep's AIO was the reason I went this route! I'll be happy if mine turns out a fraction as nice as his. Thanks!

Welcome to the contest! Everyone is scrambling to get their contest threads up and running, since April 1st is right around the corner! Clean little build, looking forward to seeing what you do with it...Good Luck!

contest judge

Meta

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Crazylegs

O.K., so I wasn't able to stay in the sub-3 gallon pico contest. Work and semester finals took their toll and I couldn't get my equipment build complete before the deadline. I wanted to post some more pics of the build and some info just in case it could help someone out there though. I think I'm going to do a maxi mini garden with a couple sexy shrimp. Already got's me one nem. I built a lil' LED fixture with a buckpuck+pot, 2 RB and 1 NW 3w cree's, and a 2"x4" heat sink. I like the color, but the disco ball effect takes some getting used to. I got used to it after my second LED induced epileptic seizure. I ended up turning off my heater as the tank maintains 75 degrees with the lid on, ambient air is 71 degrees. Hit me up if you have any questions or if you want some specifics.

1335556449951.jpg

1335556464721.jpg

1335556431879.jpg

1336413426357.jpg

Archived