SaltCritters.com

Advanced Acrylics review!

BillyMays

Got my tank in yesterday from Advanced Acrylics. It is currently being filled and sand and salt has been added!

Now for the scoring based on a 1-10 scale :3

Quality- 10 this tank looks better then I thought it would! The 1" acrylic is awesome!

Customer service- 8 John is great at working with you on price and layout of the tank. He will suggest any changes or options if need be which its nice to have the builders honest opinion. He does how ever respond very slow if at all lol. With that said that would be the reason for the 8.

Shipping/build time- 9 was over the original ship date/build time by about a week. Everything was packaged fine so nothing could scratch the tank. He gets a 9 because with the quality of this product, it more then makes up for any delay.

Price- 10 Im not going to discuss the actual price of the tank but for what I paid I feel I got more then what I paid for and will not hesitate to get another tank or three from John.

Over all my experience with Advanced Acrylics was excellent, with delay in his response let me a little nervous at times.. Im 100% satisfied with my tank, and would tell anyone looking for a

Custome acrylic tank to talk to John cause he can make it happen.

Link to my build thread- http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...293989&st=0

Cool review. IMO though, Quality and Ship/build time should not overlap. Giving him a nine in time because the quality was good kind of defeats the purpose of itemizing the review. Sounds like the quality is a 10 and the other things should have been much lower. Getting an 8 in communication when responding "slowly if at all" also seems generous. I've got an AA tank taht I got second hand, and I have to agree: the build quality is nice.

Thing bout the responding is he dont answer texts lol. You have to call him and he usually answers. I put shipping build time together cause when we finalized the tank plans and I paid he gave me a full build time to the date I should receive it. I dont know how long it actually took to make :P. Either way this tank is pure epic!

Most "proper" bushiness do not have text messages. It is still the formal thing to do what a telephone was meant to do, call.

Most "proper" bushiness do not have text messages. It is still the formal thing to do what a telephone was meant to do, call.

You would know.

You would know.

Are you out to troll every frikin person on the forum? I made a valid point, phones are for calling and I haven't seen a professional business have a text message system, ever. When dealing with a business or an expensive product it would be customary to call.

but you know, tweens cant ever be right.. :rolleyes:

Are you out to troll every frikin person on the forum? I made a valid point, phones are for calling and I haven't seen a professional business have a text message system, ever. When dealing with a business or an expensive product it would be customary to call.

but you know, tweens cant ever be right.. :rolleyes:

Not trolling at all. There are multiple businesses that do business by text. Keep in mind companies that are chains that deal with heavy amounts of demands probably won't use texting. But ma and pa shops generally take text messages as a legit form of service.

My local glass shop takes estimates over text. I've done it multiple times.

Also, taking broad generalizations leads to death.

I understand where youre coming from minidude lol. johns just a one store guy though and we used texts for price quotes on my different ideas and email info since its easy to just copy and paste an email from my texts instead of him verbally telling me. Good points from both of you, but we've seen johns work and reguardless of communication types his work is nothing less than pro. :)

I do admit that John knows what he is doing. Any person that can make a seamless transaction between text and phone deserves respect.

:tipsmyhat:

Well he is in cali and im in indiana. Not many ways me and him could communicate :P sending and email or a text is still just a worded message. Just tell him what you need and he builds it, and with the distance thing it dont get much better then that. Cause I sure as hell not going to skype with him to order a tank lol.

Archived