Coral Vue Hydros

iprayforwaves' AIO Clown Breeder w/ATS

iprayforwaves

iprayforwaves

Just finished an AIO 40B for 3 designer clownfish pairs which I am breeding...

The tank is a 40B divided with custom laser-cut black acrylic panels. Additionally, a third panel creates an overflow to house the ATS. The tank features a built-in Algae Turf Scrubber as the main filtration, run by a Rio+ 1400. The ATS is lit by a custom 6x3W LED fixture. ATS is rock solid, no detectable parameters in the tank, cycle was minimal.

The system will house Picasso, Platinum and Snowflake pairs which are currently housed in my propagation system. The pair shown in tank are a pair of extreme misbar Percs.

post-46059-1332172685_thumb.jpg

post-46059-1332172715_thumb.jpg

post-46059-1332172948_thumb.jpg

I'll keep this thread updated with progress pics as things progress...

• 1 month later...
iprayforwaves
How is your scrubber working for the clowns?

honestly, FANTASTIC!

The tank never had a cycle - I kept waiting for one, but it never happened.

So far, all readings are at 0, even with heavy feeding of 3 clown pairs, 3x per day.

Its works SO well, I added scrubbers to my prop system and shallow display with the same result. Nitrates and phosphates now read 0 in all of my very heavily-fed tanks. Displays clear of nuisance algae.

I shut the skimmer down in my shallow display a couple weeks ago and plan on only running the large Reef Octopus in my prop system for a couple hours a day.

I would definitely suggest using LEDs, the scrubber performance is significantly better vs CFL.

d'Espresso

Good stuff! i will tag along to see the progress going. i have some paired S'mores btw, still kinda young but what do you plan on feeding them?

iprayforwaves

I've got an empty bedroom upstairs which I'm using as a culture room. I've got tons rotifers and phyto growing in there.

Archived