ReefCleaners.org

2 Duo Powered DIY Unibodys

Nerdman

I had the chance to meet someone that knows Chris of Nanocustoms, and he mentioned that Chris had a few pieces that had some scratches etc.. that didn't pass thier qc that he was looking to get rid of.

So of course, I drove a whole 20 min to his shop and chatted it up for a bit. Awesome guys over ther by the way.

I ended up leaving with this,

4x6 Unibody Heatsink for my 4 gallon.

8x6 for my future 8gallon build.

2 of his duo 700 drivers. These drivers are badass.

I had a few leds left over from other projects, so I put them to use.

Here are a few pix of the build I did on the 4x6

a2edf374.jpg

d2b2bbd0.jpg

Here is the Led layout, I did a 1:1 ratio. But I am going to add 2 more blue leds in a little while.

222841ed.jpg

dfd3165f.jpg

A pic with the top mounted and fan.

79321941.jpg

I will update once I mount it on the tank and get it all powered up.

The 8x6 that I will doing this weekend. I am going to go with 12 blue leds and 6 white on this one.

1443e1b7.jpg

Awesome job.

Thank you.

So I whent ahead and added two more royal blue leds.

f4e92744.jpg

I mounted the light over my Micro-Reefs 4 gallon, plugged it in and adjusted the colors.

My iphone doesnt really take good pictures of led lighting, but the blue is at 1/4 of the way up. The white are about 1/8 of the way up.

There is stil plenty more light output if I ever need it.

d4b0edd3.jpg

62584328.jpg

8b0fd140.jpg

Now I am going to start the 8x6 build. Ill update later this week. Thanks for looking.

I started to do the layout for the 8x6 unibody.

I am going to run 7 white led, and 12 blue led.

Here is the layout. I mounted what I had, I am waiting for 8 more blue Leds to show up tomorrow, then I can solder it all up.

f185cc08.jpg

Finally finished up the 6x8. Ill post a few pix later tonight.

I noticed a few people asking in the other thread wher these were found. Im not sure about that OP, but i have the luck of living close to nanocustoms, so i stopped by and picked up a few "blemished" components and overstock stuff. They may have some more stuff available, Pm me for more info.

Wow they both look great, goodjob nerdman! Glad everything worked out. This thread makes me want to build an 4x6 for my future refugium.

Waitin on finished pics

Wow they both look great, goodjob nerdman! Glad everything worked out. This thread makes me want to build an 4x6 for my future refugium.

Waitin on finished pics

Thank you! The 4x6 is kool. Its just the right size for smaller tanks. I am very happy with it.

I stil have to take a few pics of the 6x8, its done but I dont have a tank to put it over right now lol. Im gutting it out and using the leds on a new custom unibody im having made. Stay tuned for that one. Its gna be sick!

Archived