Pod Your Reef

Lettuce nudibranch or something of more concern?

GokesReef

Alright, just saw this for the first time in my tank.. managed to get a quick pic with the cell. Not the best, but what can you do. It's been a while since I've added anything, and there doesn't seem to be anything in my tank that it resembles. If I can get a better picture, I'll put it up.. he went back into the rocks for the time being.

LjGrp.jpg

Quick and dirty FTS - see anything it may feed on? It was up by the SPS.

ruRqo.jpg

altolamprologus

I think that top pic should get an award

Anyway, I'm no nudi expert but the bright color would suggest a sponge eater. Just a thought

I think that top pic should get an award

Anyway, I'm no nudi expert but the bright color would suggest a sponge eater. Just a thought

Interestingly enough, when I first noticed it, I thought it was a sponge. Then it started to move.

Any other thoughts? I haven't seen him again since... a few questions floating around in my brain:

1. where did he come from? No way he could have hitched on a frag, I think I would have seen him in the bag, on the plug or crawling off the frag rack.

2. LR in the tank was added in Sept 2011.. if he hitched on that, he must have been tiny.

3. What is he eating? None of my coral is showing any damage and I don't have any yellow sponges..

Any input is welcome!

Archived