Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Frag Transport Bucket

TinyGiant

I am bringing a a large number of frags to a frag farmers market in CT this weekend and needed to be able to transport 200+ frags in the least amount of space possible.

So some egg crate, 2oz party cups and some silicone later I have my bucket insert.

4rrack.jpg

I used 2" PVC cut to about 2" less than the height of the bucket.

Next i cut the tops off of the part cups.

2rack.jpg

25rack.jpg

start by sliding one party cup down the tube with the lip up. Silicone inside the lip and then slid on the first rack that was cut to fit inside the bucket.

3rack.jpg

next slide two more cups on. one facing down and one facing up. silicone around the rims of the cups. and a bead of silicone where the two cut sides meet.

repeat the process until you have all the racks done.

when the egg crate is cut correctly the whole rack will slide right in the bucket. this should make for very easy compact, safe transport of close to 200+ frags!

Great idea Tiny!

Oh but my only concern is, do you have to take the whole rack out to get frags that are on the lower levels? I know this is just for transportation, but getting a lower-placed frag might become an issue. haha

It's beautiful!

I don't think getting to the bottom is an issue when it's just for transport. I'm pretty sure all the frags will be removed and displayed in a new container upon arrival.

Genius tiny. Im sure you have something rigged. But I would slide the heater in the PVC with a maxi jet at the top sucking water from the bottom of the pipe to a exit up top for aeration...

Like I said I'm sure you thought of something but inside the pipe heater and top mounted pump might make extra room if you ever needed it lol

At a frag swap in palm beach, one of the vendors had his whole display set up with acrylic racks which conveniently broke back down to fit in 5 gal buckets without having to handle any coral. Now that's genius.

At a frag swap in palm beach, one of the vendors had his whole display set up with acrylic racks which conveniently broke back down to fit in 5 gal buckets without having to handle any coral. Now that's genius.

i actually had that though too. of cutting up the racks in my long frag display tank that i just built... but i wanted to just have nice long racks in there.

i might get more crafty as time goes on.. right now i think the setup is pretty tight as is :)

i want to be able to organize the frags when i get there too as they start selling replace them on the rack.

definatly not $50 like the other bucket is to. out reef club has been having great success by prebaging corals. way easier than having to haul around and set up a frag tank.

It will probably take me a max of 10 min to setup the system. just transfer water and frags to the racks and plug it all in. not a big deal. I have little 2oz jello shot cups that have lids that the frags will go in for transport. quick and easy to package and transport :)

that thing is awesome should patent it and sell it

Already been patent.Reefkoi sells a bucket like this for 29.99. Nice diy though

a lot cheaper than the alternative

coral-frag-caddy.jpg

this was the first one to come out and since has been a few.Alot of guys use these for frag shows.I like your tiny

avalanche1201

noticed the time you made your first post....im assuming this frag farmers market has already happened....if it has or hasnt where was it located?

Archived