Innovative Marine Aquariums

Large Nudibranch in my Tank?!?!

Spencer7

I have had a mysterious creature on my Green Goniopora Colony for a while now it at first looked like some Max Mini Anenome but as it got bigger the things physical features became more apparent...

1.5 Inches long

Tenacles thingies this color with white tips

Two of which are a solid orange, placed symmetrically apart at the front of its body, barely longer than the others

The underside is this color except for a dark orange mouth patch that is a darker orange

Two small fang-ish things from the match patch

It was possibly eating my goniopora, and is more active at night, How ever is has not left the goiniopora rock itself which has been closed up for a week or so...

It curls up

Any help is appreciated, is it harmful? Babies? ID? Rare? Other Experiences...

A few similar looking Nudibranchs...

http://www.nudipixel.net/photo/00003000/

http://www.nudipixel.net/photo/00004076/

Its body does in fact narrow down like most Nudibranchs, here are a few frantic pics, better than nothing :P

1f6ddf20.jpg

1f62530f.jpg

59c5c64c.jpg

8376b6c7.jpg

0cde013c.jpg

THX!!!

:)

It's like half BTA half nudibranch. If its bad you should totally sell it for a species only tank. I'm sure someone will buy it.

i dont think it's Aeolidia, then again they all look alike to me :P

If anyone is willing to buy just give me some $ and some instructions on how u want it packaged...

Good specimen i guess :huh:

I still can't get over how big this NUDIBRANCH is, the only others i have seen are the .5cm long Berghia for Aiptasia and a few zoa eating guys that can't be seen with the naked eye

ApiratenamedJohn
i dont think it's Aeolidia, then again they all look alike to me :P

If anyone is willing to buy just give me some $ and some instructions on how u want it packaged...

I don't think it's an aeolidia but if Ido find out what it is and it doesn't have some care requirements I can't meet I would be interested.

I don't think it's an aeolidia but if Ido find out what it is and it doesn't have some care requirements I can't meet I would be interested.

Knock urself out, in the meantime I will try to keep it healthy (any tips?)

Knock urself out, in the meantime I will try to keep it healthy (any tips?)

Leave it in the tank. I bet it was eating the Goniopora, so leave it be if you want to keep it alive. I think there is only 1 or 2 good Nudi's, the Lettuce and the Berghai.

Otherwise they usually eat something you WANT in the tank, so many label them pests.

ApiratenamedJohn

Ok IMO it is a Phestilla sp. it eats gOniopora. Would be interesting if you kept him with yours. I have no goniopora so I couldn't keep him. :/

#### that, i want my goniopora, good thing i got him out b4 he laid eggs

do u have any pics of Phestilla Sp.?

Thanks John the Pirate!

#### that, i want my goniopora, good thing i got him out b4 he laid eggs

You don't know that for sure. I would bet there are eggs on it. Have you dipped and checked it for other parasitic HH?

I would also bet it MAY have already laid eggs, u can never know for sure. Looks cool but like everyone else said it was probably eating some type of coral. Either goni or something else. Any evidence it ate any of your coral?

just goniopora, never left that specific rock+i found info saying that's really all they eat

I searched the rock quickly without seeing any visible eggs...

Are they noticeable, like a bunch of white capsules b/c in that case i saw none for sure.

Sometimes they are sometimes not. Most people never even notice the eggs.

Quickly isn't good enough. I would dip the rock and QT it to make sure you get them all.

Archived