Pod Your Reef

kgoldy's CYBER MONDAY sale- 2x BoostLED 135, RKL + Moonlights

kgoldy

Thinking of setting up a 75, 90, or 120 gallon tank? Got a four foot long tank and want to make the switch to LEDs?

For the price of a single Ecotech Radion, you could have a complete SPS ready lighting system- both day and night lighting and a ReefKeeper Controller that is expandable for up to 4 modules. (Just bought two Ecotechs last night, that's why I'm selling).

This is a package deal, and only up until Friday. No takers and it goes to the frag swap to be bartered off and sold there next weekend.

WILL NOT BREAK UP THIS PACK.

Includes-

Two BoostLED 135 watt Mu Fixtures with attached matching custom rail system.

RKL Head Unit- already programmed to the latest updates. Easy to use, and if you want, I'll program it to your liking before shipping.

SID V2 - The USB adapter that lets you update your RKL via computer

PC-4 Power Controller. With this, you can program (or I can program for you) sunrise and sunset effects on the two Mu fixtures. (NOT DIMMABLE. This is switching whites and actinic lights on and off in sequence).

iTemp Probe- Accurate to .1 degree Fahrenheit

MLC - Moonlight Controller, follows the phases of the moon, which some believe to increase likelihood of coral/fish spawning in the tank.

Red, White and Blue moonlights. Way more than you need. I bought my RKE on condition that I take these as a package, so I did. Consider them free with this deal, then sell what you don't need for a profit.

I've maintained everything from SPS and Clams to Softies and a variety of Macro-Algae with these lights. Everyone asks how my tank has so much coraline- I'm guessing it's the UV (not True-Violet) LEDs that Boost uses in their fixtures.

Now, some pics of the goods.

This was all dry rock as of March 2011. By July it was 100% coraline encrusted. No dosing. 1 water change.

099.jpg

Here's the fixtures and legs with no distractions- Notice the left is darker, right is white. This is part of the sunrise/sunset I'm talking about.

086.jpg

Clams, Acans, Monti, Mili, Duncan, Torch, Hammer, Zoos, Paly's... Everything loves the lights. Despite my 0 waterchange pledge, everything is growing.

108.JPG

PM me for PayPal info. Will ship FedEx Ground, Insured, at no cost to you, by the end of this week.

IMG_20111126_155010.jpg

That's eight moonights. Pretty sure it's 3 Blue, 3 White, 2 Red. Only 6 will fit in the MLC, so you'll definitely be able to sell at least two of these right off the bat. More than likely, you'll be selling 6 of them since I doubt you need three on the tank, or want more than one color at a time.

Dru- here's the issue with breaking this up. To ship and insure everything separately it might cost me an extra $100.

And if you want to get technical, you asked a question- you didn't make an offer. ;)

That being said- if we can get together individual buyers for both of the lights and the all parts of the RKL set, and the offers are generous enough to consider the cost of shipping (or you pay it outright)- I could work with that.

Second part of the issue with breaking it up-

The legs are worthless without two Boost 135's. After putting $50 worth of material together to make a sweet rail system that looks like it was made by the manufacturer of the lights- I really don't want to just junk them.

Second part of the issue with breaking it up-

The legs are worthless without two Boost 135's. After putting $50 worth of material together to make a sweet rail system that looks like it was made by the manufacturer of the lights- I really don't want to just junk them.

Iam in for 1 of the lights...If seperating every happens...

$50 off if you can prove to me you're a Veteran of Iraq or Afghanistan.

i would scan my VFW member card, but i think those lights may be a slight overkill for my bc29.

Okay, part out prices since it looks like we've got enough buyers.

RKL Kit- $150 plus shipping (flat rate USPS medium box, I think it's $8, not sure what insurance will cost)

BoostLED Mu- $280 plus shipping. I use FedEx, saying it weighs 10 lbs, is insured for $300, and is 18" x 12" x 6" and got a shipping quote to Los Angeles (from NY) of $24... So if you're closer than that, shipping will be cheaper.

To hold, Paypal------------------------------ kgoldy 1985 at gmail dot com

Anyone who proves Veteran status gets free shipping. Must see Active Duty card, DD-214 (cover your social security) or VA card. Take a cellphone pic of any of the above if you don't have a scanner.

Legs by themselves $20 plus shipping. They can be broken down and shipped in a 4 foot long tube.

They're made specifically for two BoostLED Mu fixtures. Don't have the dimensions right now (their website is down) but they should work for any "Black Box" LED fixture.

Boost website is back up.

Dimensions of Mu: 16" x 8.5" x 3"

So the legs will work on any "black box" fixtures that are 8.5" wide and up to 48" in total length.

Archived