SaltCritters.com

randys bio cube build /phosbanreaktor

randythefishdude

randythefishdude

hi, i just got the bio cube 29g i plan on keeping it stock with mabe a home made refugum in in the back. i have also puchused the bio cube protien skimmer, i looked at it my self and it dident look to bad. pls let me know your tips and some things u guys have done to improve it besides the nano tuners stuff i plan on keeping the stock lights too as they looked really bright and i dont plan on keeping hard coral....well mabe one or two if theres some that will handle the low light. i am going to order live sand salt and a heater within the next cople of days.

my plans for this boicube not spending over 200$ on things inside the lfs near me will give me a pretty good package deal i cauld get all the live rock or rubble, depdeng what he has for like 50$im spending like 60 on the other stuff i taked about...i added it up ith the free stand i got . the biggest issue would be braken the bank on coral but im not to worred the owner at the lfs gets me frags for like 10$... i think i could pull this off

let me know what you think and ill post pics when i got it on my stand any reccomendations for slight mods are appercated :D

post-69479-1321056586_thumb.jpg

randythefishdude
hi, i just got the bio cube 29g i plan on keeping it stock with mabe a home made refugum in in the back. i have also puchused the bio cube protien skimmer, i looked at it my self and it dident look to bad. pls let me know your tips and some things u guys have done to improve it besides the nano tuners stuff i plan on keeping the stock lights too as they looked really bright and i dont plan on keeping hard coral....well mabe one or two if theres some that will handle the low light. i am going to order live sand salt and a heater within the next cople of days.

my plans for this boicube not spending over 200$ on things inside the lfs near me will give me a pretty good package deal i cauld get all the live rock or rubble, depdeng what he has for like 50$im spending like 60 on the other stuff i taked about...i added it up ith the free stand i got . the biggest issue would be braken the bank on coral but im not to worred the owner at the lfs gets me frags for like 10$... i think i could pull this off

let me know what you think and ill post pics when i got it on my stand any reccomendations for slight mods are appercated :D

looks like im gettin the oceantic bio cube stand after all that bolws the 200$ mark but im ok with it it will look better in the end.

does any one know how much live sand i need i did not buy it yet? will 20 pounds be enought and in yours guys opinon witch looks the best, and works the best.

ill post a pic when i get the stand

randythefishdude

ok so i just got the stand set up... looks good with the bio cube stand it was preety expencive but worth it for the looks it gives the tank

is bare bottom good.. i was giving that some thought?

bwoodward0012

i personally like a sand bottom, and a slightly deeper one at that, but sand or bare bottom is really a personal preference. look at tanks on here with bare bottom and with sand bottom and decide which you like. a lot of people go with about 20 lbs of live sand, i did 30 in mine and wish i had done 5 to 10 more lbs.

randythefishdude
i personally like a sand bottom, and a slightly deeper one at that, but sand or bare bottom is really a personal preference. look at tanks on here with bare bottom and with sand bottom and decide which you like. a lot of people go with about 20 lbs of live sand, i did 30 in mine and wish i had done 5 to 10 more lbs.

i think i will go with 20 pounds and before i get any thig besdes rock i will see if i whant more

what do u guys think of this mini egg crate refugium with midia on top an bio balls on bottom i was thinking off making a squre box that i could slip in and out

Check out this thread. It is long but there is a lot of good info including some mods and also what fish and coral work in the BC.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180788

what do u guys think of this mini egg crate refugium with midia on top an bio balls on bottom i was thinking off making a squre box that i could slip in and out

Most people recommend removing bioballs as they can trap detritus and allow nitrates to build up. Many reefers use purigen and chemi pure elite (or charcoal and GFO) in chamber 2 and also chaeto. I tried live rock rubble in chamber 2 but my nitrates were up a bit and they got all covered in junk and were not easy to clean off back there.

randythefishdude
Check out this thread. It is long but there is a lot of good info including some mods and also what fish and coral work in the BC.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=180788

Most people recommend removing bioballs as they can trap detritus and allow nitrates to build up. Many reefers use purigen and chemi pure elite (or charcoal and GFO) in chamber 2 and also chaeto. I tried live rock rubble in chamber 2 but my nitrates were up a bit and they got all covered in junk and were not easy to clean off back there.

ok thank u ill look at that link righht away

i was thinking about live rock myself but i think the ater stuff i mentioned would be better

ok thank u ill look at that link righht away

o i have seen that thred it is very good

randythefishdude
i just got indo pacific sand 20 pounds the black white stuff

quick update

filled up tank .

need more rock .

looks good ,cleared after 1 day.

post a pic tommaro.

im not shure how to use the oceantic biocube skimmer i need some help?

• 1 month later...
randythefishdude

ok so ive been slakind on the updates and pics tank is filled looks good just tested my water its perfect tommoro im adding a huge clean up crew. live stock im adding

blue leg hermit 3

red leg 3

scarlet 5

pepperment shrimp 5

turbo snail1

nassuaris2

mexican turbo 2

green sea slug 1

brittle sea star 1

snapping shrimp 1

short spine urcin 1

if this turn out to be to much i have anthor tank for it... ill post some pics of the set up tank as soon as get a chance tonight

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived