Pod Your Reef

Lighting Ideas for my 7.5g ADA

animalmaster6

Hey Guys,

I need some lighting ideas for my 7.5 gallon ADA. It's main focus is gobies but I want a good amount of corals. It's going to be very mixed. My main focuses are SPS, zoas, and acans but I'll have various softies and LPS. What are some good lighting fixtures that are under $150 that will work?

As for light color, I don't like the look of really blue lighting. A love the look MH give me. A fixture with moonlights added into it would be very nice but it's not extremely important.

Thanks!

if you dont like blue i suggest evils 12k par38, i have one and still get some pop but have really natural color and great shimmer. or you could go with a fishneedit 150w pendant, seen a couple people do this with similar sized tanks with out issue. should be fine if you keep it high and dont already have issues with heat. then you could even upgrade to the exact mh bulb color you want and keep any kind of sps.

if you dont like blue i suggest evils 12k par38, i have one and still get some pop but have really natural color and great shimmer. or you could go with a fishneedit 150w pendant, seen a couple people do this with similar sized tanks with out issue. should be fine if you keep it high and dont already have issues with heat. then you could even upgrade to the exact mh bulb color you want and keep any kind of sps.

Thanks,

Will evils 12k par38 be good for SPS? I don't just want them to look good I want them to grow too.

Is Nanotuners my best bet?

Should be just fine man. Those LED's are great and they grow coral perfectly. The best part is you only need one to light that tank.

Cool thanks :happy:

Personally, the RapidLED one. That is based mostly on color choice though; its a much purpler and blue bulb than the nanotuners.

The Nanotuners one would be closer to the color you want and would pack all the power you need.

Looks like the nanotuners is in stock now, so it gets my vote :lol:

Only advice I'd give is to hang it high, with 40 degree optics it'll be spotlight-y and super powerful closer to the tank. Other than that it's perfect for anything your heart desires.

Archived