Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

40 gallon hexagon

mastadon

254636_10150737584565018_746250017_19860344_1908475_n.jpg

this is my 40 gallon hex sorry for the picture it is from my droid and only looking through one of the panels.

i hope that img worked heh but yeah there it is i had just added 17 lbs more of live rock and stacked everything pretty well many hidding spots and large open caves inside, what do you guys think?

Take a shot from a little further back if you can, it's hard to judge how the rock looks in the tank without knowing what the tank looks like.

First thought is that there is a lot of rock in there for its size ...

everyones new at one point...so as a vet and nice person im going to give you a list before people chime in looking like asses and asking prick questions...

specs/equipment

water parameters

livestock

MORE PICS!

ps my one suggestion at this point is to do something better with your rock!

its a 40 gallon hex i have a powerhead 802? (got it off craigs list looked it up and it should be good but you guys know whats best, i dont remember the brand of heater but it keeps the temp nice, i have two coralife nano lights both are t5s im looking to upgrade to leds but never get much help from the led guys cause they just want me to throw a few hundread down lol, i also have hob filter on there just to help with benificial bacteria since i moved up to a larger tank i didnt want the LR and sand to be the onlythings trying to help, im at work so i cant give up to date results for the water but last time i checked everything seemed to be in order i dont have really any bioload as i just put a fish in yesterday.

as for live stock i have

1 green serpent star

5+ blue and white legged hermits

5+ astrenia (SP) snails

1 emerald crab

numerous amounts of non identified hitchhickers i just know that they are not harming my corals so all is good

1 pajama cardinal

3 rocks of plays and zoas from the 5-10 dollar frag tank

a ricordea that is now two, woots!

a small rock with gsp

1 frogspawn which is growing like a weed

1 hammer same as frogspawn

1 candycane spiting heads off like crazy

i dont quite remember the name of it but when it opens it looks like little white daises it has gotten much bigger as well

i will get more pictures as soon as i can.... that will be tomorrow around 1030 heh or later if i go to the pet store to poke around at leds and MH lol

Archived